Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
ptp

fob not working and key doesn't open handle!!!!!

Hi

Brought a boxster around 2 month's back, love it! but the original key fob don't open the door which wasn't/hasn't been a problem until now, The car has a second alarm/immobilizer fitted and I've always used that one,

but yesterday i went to go in the car and all doors locked and the 2nd alarm never undid the doors??

the Porsche alarm is now working but the key fob has no battery/inside to press the alarm and and off!

and the door lock just spins round and round???

So basically!- how the hell can i get into the boxster?? PLEASE HELP

ptp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:08 AM   #2

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/55678-locked-out.html
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #3

My daily driver boxster has the issue with the driver's door lock cylinder just spinning around with the key. The connection from the lock to the door latch is broken, and appears to be a fairly common issue. (my shop is fixing it this week so I'll report what parts it needed and the cost)
To get in the car essentially without a key.... Might just have to have a locksmith or your local Porsche shop have a crack at it.
PS: I've just been using the passenger door lock, but I'm assuming your car doesn't have one.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #4

Garage
I've had an issue lately with only my drivers door. 97 boxster, The passenger door works as you'd expect, but the drivers door latch doesn't necessarily work all the time. If I get in the passenger side, roll the window down then usually the latch works, but otherwise if I'm coming out in the morning, I unlock the car and it wont open. Note, The electronics still work i.e. the window cracks when I initially pull the handle, but the mechanical aspect of releasing the latch doesn't work (with the window rolled up from what I've tried). No idea what the correlation is yet.
lindemandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #5

And she's not a blonde

So I told my GF I need to replace the batts in my FOB's. So this afternoon when I went to drive the Boxster nothing worked. Went back in got the second one it would not work either. Took the other car. She came over after work to see how my Dr's appointment went. I said strangest thing both key FOBs stopped working today. Then she confessed she changed the batteries last night. So I opened them up and she did not remove the non-conducting film on the Neg side. Pulled it off and the red light came on. I'm thinking she might have been a dancer in a previous like.

PS, Apt went great post MRI to r/o rotor cuff tear thinks just my need some injections.
fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #6

Old school wire coat hanger worked for me. I bent it into a slight hook, passed it through the window and top gasket just above the door top. Hooked the interior door handle and pulled straight back. Took about 5 minutes to open the door.

Not sure what part of your key lock broke but if its the little round piece with the rabbit ears you can get the part on the web for $5.00.

rdc8118 is offline   Reply With Quote