986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Air Bag Light After Cleaning Radiators (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/63118-air-bag-light-after-cleaning-radiators.html)

shacky 09-11-2016 02:51 PM

Air Bag Light After Cleaning Radiators

Had local shop do the radiator clean out. Now my air bag light is on.

Any suggestions other than bringing it back which I will do.

BirdDog 09-11-2016 04:20 PM

That's kind of weird. Did they disconnect your battery or something? In my experience that can set an airbag light. You can turn it off if you have a Durametric cable. If not, get them to do it.

RichRobby 09-11-2016 11:59 PM

Maybe a stupid question...

Will the airbags deploy even if the airbag light is on?
In my case I disconnected the wiring plug to the seat belt reel and triggered the warning and haven't yet been able to reset it.

Lexky 09-12-2016 06:41 AM

I managed to clear my airbag light with an OBDII scanner. The scanner must have airbag support.

Note: scanner will only clear a tripped code, if other issue exists the fault can reappear.

In my case I had disconnected airbag, which tripped the fault after reconnecting airbag.

RichRobby 09-13-2016 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexky (Post 509872)
I managed to clear my airbag light with an OBDII scanner. The scanner must have airbag support.

Note: scanner will only clear a tripped code, if other issue exists the fault can reappear.

In my case I had disconnected airbag, which tripped the fault after reconnecting airbag.

Interesting

I tried this cheap version (only about £10 GBP) and it doesn't find the error, even though it says it should.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AC7I7BO

Do you know what one you successfully used?

shacky 09-21-2016 02:11 PM

My mechanic said he has "all the software" to check German vars. Is there something I can point him to specifically to get rid of my air bag light?

madmodz 09-21-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichRobby (Post 509853)
Maybe a stupid question...

Will the airbags deploy even if the airbag light is on?
In my case I disconnected the wiring plug to the seat belt reel and triggered the warning and haven't yet been able to reset it.

No, it won't deploy till you clear the code,

stelan 09-22-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexky (Post 509872)

Lexky, what scanner do you have?