Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #1

Garage
2011 Boxster Spyder on Ebay $43k OBO

It has 44,000 on the clock, PDK.

Porsche Boxster Spyder | eBay

From the CarFax (grain of salt):

The transmission was replaced at 20k miles. On the bright side, that work was done by Brumos Porsche, as was most of the other maintenance, so there might be a decent service history.

What concerns me is that the last entry from Brumos: Electrical system checked - Wing/spoiler replaced/repaired....and then they sold it.

And then it was sold at auction four weeks later. And then it was sold at auction again five weeks after that....so it appears dealers were shuffling it around. Then again, CarFax. Also, it appears to have a messed up top.

Anyway, thought it was interesting to see a well-used Spyder approaching the >$40k range. It's in Little Rock, AK.

tomonomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:10 PM   #2

I was driving alongside a black one of these in my town. I felt like I was in a Camry.

Just 8 or 9 more years...
alm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #3

All that auction shuffling is definitely worrisome.
Niche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #4

Boxsters in general are lifestyle vehicles that can change hands frequently as needs change. The Spyder is even more niche than a Boxster. The toupee could drive owners crazy. So it might not be surprising this one has been passed around. Dealers may be enticed by it only to find they don't have buyers in their mkt that understand what it is. With convertible season coming to an end, dealers may be concerned about having this one in inventory for very long.

I'm not sure if the top is messed up or did they get lazy and just release it at the front and then roll the top under rather than taking it all the way off? There are no pics with the top completely on.

If I was ever to get rid of my LE, I would consider this vintage of Spyder. I haven't seen many under $50K, so they've been holding their value well or the owners have an unrealistic view of their value. However, it has a few more miles than I would like.

But the price is enticing...
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 09-09-2016 at 02:41 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #5

Emailed the dealer and they say the top is fine. It is a PDK.

achillies is offline   Reply With Quote