986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Top Installers in NJ (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/6296-top-installers-nj.html)

Marc Gelefsky 06-05-2006 09:22 AM

Top Installers in NJ

I am thinking about doing the GAHH Glass window top on my car, anyone have a good installer in North NJ area? I'm in Bergen County.

What should I expect to pay for a top notch install?

fab 06-05-2006 11:54 AM

If you ask GAHH they will supply you with a list of installers

Perfectlap 06-05-2006 01:57 PM

I paid $400 for my Miata glass widow top install which I bought from Cabrio World in Newark, NJ.
Gotta figure a Porsche will easily be $700
I wouldn't recommend the place I had it done but I'd give Cabrio World a call too for a rec.
ANother Miata owner I know bough his top from them and they recomended a guy who had a 911 Cab and made house calls!

AndyF 06-05-2006 04:22 PM

I have a top coming from GAHH, but I haven't settled on whether to go with an installer, or have a go at the installation myself (although that is the way I am leaning at the moment).

GAHH has a lot of trim shops in the NJ area they work with, but the one they recommended was Everlast in Linden. Apparently they have been doing work with GAHH for quite a few years.

FYI - GAHH did actually extend their Spring discount for an extra 3 months, so don't forget to use the discount coupon code they posted here in one of the threads.

slogans7 06-05-2006 04:38 PM

I bought the GAHH top and had it installed here in So Cal last month. Just wanted to mention how pleased I am with the new top. It takes a little while to get used to the smaller rear window but the bliss of not having to worry about the plastic rear window and clearer view of what's behind me more than compensates. The top came with a nice water-repellent coating on it as well.

I paid about $500 for the installation, which took a day. The installer properly recommended to leave the top up for at least 10 days so it has a chance to stretch out.

I have had absolutely no problems and am really glad I made the investment. :cheers:

docdyh 06-05-2006 05:11 PM

Sorry, cant give a installer referral, but the pics posted in the show and tell of GAHH top with glass window are mine. I paid $750 for installation. There were cheaper installers but went with best recommended in my area. Very satisfied with form and function.

mjw930 06-05-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyF
I have a top coming from GAHH, but I haven't settled on whether to go with an installer, or have a go at the installation myself (although that is the way I am leaning at the moment).

GAHH has a lot of trim shops in the NJ area they work with, but the one they recommended was Everlast in Linden. Apparently they have been doing work with GAHH for quite a few years.

FYI - GAHH did actually extend their Spring discount for an extra 3 months, so don't forget to use the discount coupon code they posted here in one of the threads.

Have a go at it yourself, think of it as stress relief :eek:

Just kidding :D

TheTicket1 06-06-2006 07:25 PM

Top Installer In NJ

Just had a the rear window replaced on my 99 Boxster at a location in Chatam NJ ( 3 Weeks ago ) . Don't remember his name but his number is listed under " Auto Tops " Chatam . He works from his home and when I went to pick my car up he had a newer 911 and Benz in line for Top replacement/repair . He charged me
$ 525 .

He had to remove the top, cut out the old window ,hand sew the new window in and place the top back on. Sounds like he may charge you less considering the labor involved with stitching the new window in. Good Luck