986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Boxsters not meant to turn left? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/62783-boxsters-not-meant-turn-left.html)

DarkStar 08-16-2016 07:39 PM

Boxsters not meant to turn left?

So new AOS... Sob still smokes. Took a turn onto my street a Lil hard but nothing extraordinary and puff comes the plume of smoke... What's the deal? I don't get it. New AOS defective?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

dghii 08-16-2016 07:45 PM

Gonna take a bit to get rid of all the oil thats collected in your intake.

1. Do AOS test to make sure you didin't get a bad one...try to remove your oil fill cap. If it comes off easy, your AOS is probably ok.

2. If #1 is ok, drive the car. Give it time.

DarkStar 08-16-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dghii (Post 506860)

1. Do AOS test to make sure you didin't get a bad one...try to remove your oil fill cap. If it comes off easy, your AOS is probably ok.

I took entire intake manifold off and apart and cleaned everything by hand. And been driving the car already for a few days. I also cleaned most if not all the vac lines I could find as best as I could.

Racer Boy 08-16-2016 08:03 PM

I'm having the same issue, but during track days. It's fine on the street, but when you go around left handers hard, it's like the Blue Angels during an airshow. It has a recent AOS replacement, but I'm going to replace it again and hope for the best.

Is your new AOS a Porsche part?

DarkStar 08-16-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dghii (Post 506860)

And even before on bad AOS, it was easy to remove the oil cap. I never got this diagnosing method because it never felt any different from any normal cap.

DarkStar 08-16-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer Boy (Post 506865)
I'm having the same issue, but during track days. It's fine on the street, but when you go around left handers hard, it's like the Blue Angels during an airshow. It has a recent AOS replacement, but I'm going to replace it again and hope for the best.

Is your new AOS a Porsche part?

No it was URi