Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #1

Fuse in the back of the radio

Hi Folks,

I got the radio out and back in in ten minutes, but it took me two hours to get the cheesy, cheap keys I bought on Ebay out of the slots in the bottom corners of the radio in my 2000 Boxster S. I think I bent them a bit when I pushed them together to close the flippers on the sides of the radio, and they hung up on the back of the face. The fuse in the back was blown. I replaced it, and the radio immediately asked for the code and is working fine.

My mechanic replaced the battery, and I assume that blew the fuse. The car was really in to replace the clutch, but I don't think that caused the problem. Does anyone have any idea why the fuse blew? If I can figure out which one it is, I'm going to pull the fuse for the radio from the fuse block next time I disconnect the battery. If I would have thought about it, I would have negated the flippers that lock the radio in place before putting the radio back in. Too late now.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by mueber; 07-19-2016 at 10:48 AM.
mueber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #2

Garage
That fuse probably blew if he incorrectly disconnected the battery. You may have other fuses blown.

Ps, you're supposed to release the keys after you pull it out by hitting the tabs on the side. You don't need them to out it back in.

jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote