Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2022, 01:00 PM   #1

What are seats worth these days?

I have a set of power tilt manual slide seats off a 01 Boxster with 60k miles. I had the opportunity to pick up some sport seats at a great price and won’t need these original seats anymore. What would these sell for as a pair? Realistically

Attached Images

Escott1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 04:35 PM   #2

$1 and up. Most people dont want to buy seats cause of the shipping. I have sold sets for around $300 for the pair that were in great condition just to get them out of the garage. Seats & wheels are the hardest to sell cause of the logistics and limited # of interested people locally.
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:59 PM   #3

I am assuming they are heated because I see the switches on the center console. They also appear to be in relatively good condition with no rips or tears. Your seats may be slightly more valuable to someone who wants heated seats or is attempting to upgrade a neglected interior. I agree with Stl-986 that shipping cost will hurt demand. Here are some suggestions that may help overcome that barrier.
1. When I made my initial seat upgrade to heated seats I bought a set that the seller shipped by Greyhound and I remember the cost was surprisingly low. You may want to see what they charge today.
2. You can also disassemble the seat and remove the bottom cushions from the bases. Shipping only the bottom and back without the base will reduce the size of the package and the weight which will save shipping cost. The buyer would install the back and bottom on the base from the existing seat. This would appeal to a buyer with torn or discolored leather that is headed for the trash.
3. Agree to meet the buyer somewhere between your location and the buyers. E.g. agree to meet someone within 100 miles of Pittsburgh.
Good luck with your sale. When I attempt to sell something I removed from my Boxster as part of an upgrade, the phrase “One person’s trash is another person’s treasure,” runs through my mind.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 04-14-2022 at 07:03 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:12 PM   #4
Rennzenn

Garage
i ended up just giving mine away.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:22 AM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I haven't sold complete seats, but whenever I have listed seat parts, I have more demand than I have product. Parts: Switches, plastic trim pieces, lower cushion, bolster, slider, buckle, electronic module for heat and adjustment. I hate to break up a perfectly good seat, but it's better than having it sit in storage for a year or two.

Much easier to ship and a lot more money. Search eBay 'solds' for pricing and demand guidance.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:54 PM   #6

I'd say $300-400 for the pair and only sell them as a pair because no one ever buys just the passenger side.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I'd say $300-400 for the pair and only sell them as a pair because no one ever buys just the passenger side.
It is unfortunate that shipping costs to the UK and Australia are high. Otherwise there would be a great business opportunity for someone willing to ship pristine U.S. passenger seats to countries where the cars have right-hand drive.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro View Post
i ended up just giving mine away.
Same here ... after I had heating elements moved to replacement all leather seats, took the old ones to landfill.

2007 GL320 CDI, 2010 CL550
2 BMW motorcycles
lkchris is offline   Reply With Quote