Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2023, 10:48 AM   #1

03 Cupholder sticking

Searched for some insight and (unbelievably) came up short. My 03 foldout cup holder sticks closed and only opens when it wants to. I tend to leave it open so I don't go and get a BFH to "fix" it.

Can someone tell me how the open mech works on this? Is there something that can get spray lubed to cure the stickiness without having to pull the console apart to get to the inner workings?

Thanks

deemce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 11:55 AM   #2

The BFH is appropriate solution for those cupholders. I have a 2003 also and the cupholder is useless.
CenCal Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 04:08 AM   #3
PLP

I am not sure about mechanism inside, but the plate on the front slides left and right. If one of the clips is cracked or does not sit well, the panel will stick on the left (driver side) and will not allow the holder to pop out.

Mine cracked and basically is useless now.
I wish the replacement was cheaper.

Previous: 2014 Fiat 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX, 2016 Fiat 500X, and some old days: Trabant, Fiat 126p...
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 05:21 AM   #4

[QUOTE=PLP;656533]I am not sure about mechanism inside, but the plate on the front slides left and right. If one of the clips is cracked or does not sit well, the panel will stick on the left (driver side) and will not allow the holder to pop out.

Tried a little of my "go to" TriFlow lubricant on the sides and underside corners. Fingers crossed.

deemce1 is offline   Reply With Quote