986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Funny noise coming from heater (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/61907-funny-noise-coming-heater.html)

Fuzzuki 06-06-2016 04:45 PM

Funny noise coming from heater

Everything is fine with my heater.
Works perfectly until I turn it all the way off.
Then I hear a weird noise coming from the passenger air bag area????

Has this happened to anybody else?

How do I fix it?

Also the AC is not working, I hear the compressor kick in, but there is not refrigerant.

I have been google searching these quick refrigerant refill kits.
'
Will this work in my 2000 Boxster base model?

By the way, I just bought this car. I have had it for 4 weeks now.

Man Oh man is she growing on me.

We also have a BMW 335i, so when I first got her, I was thinking........remind me why I bought this car.

Shortly after, she showed me why. Loving her more and more each time I drive her.

I hit some twisties yesterday. WOW.

BFeller 06-07-2016 08:21 AM

The noise by the air bag is a cabin temp sensor for the automatic climate control. I don't have much info on evaluating the second issue.

Fuzzuki 06-07-2016 02:27 PM

Thank you. I will check into it and get back to you

BirdDog 06-07-2016 02:39 PM

Yeah, twisties will do that to you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzuki (Post 498731)
Loving her more and more each time I drive her.

I hit some twisties yesterday. WOW.

tlc356sc 06-08-2016 04:22 AM

Funny noise

I have a funny noise too when the A/C is off( fan to zero). it sounds like a slow speed fan hitting something, so it makes a very faint repeating clicking sound.
Is this the noise? If yes, is it the cabin temp sensor and what's the fix?

CrisZenithBlue 06-09-2016 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlc356sc (Post 498895)
I have a funny noise too when the A/C is off( fan to zero). it sounds like a slow speed fan hitting something, so it makes a very faint repeating clicking sound.
Is this the noise? If yes, is it the cabin temp sensor and what's the fix?

That's pieces of foam getting stuck in the flaps that change the direction of the air flow. Do you have small pieces of foam being blown out the vents?

Search the forum or my posts, I had the same issue. I never got it addressed, it comes and goes. I put it to full blast and it goes away. Until the next time :)

vetman 07-29-2021 03:15 PM

cabin fan noise

I know its an old thread, but its a new problem to me. At speed the whistling covers all other noises. When I slow down, with the system OFF, I hear a low pitched motor sound. I guess there is a cabin air blower behind or under the filter in the freunk. Is this a regular problem or something unusual? Car is 98 with 23K miles.

thanks