Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #1

Finnicky radio faceplate?

Hey guys,

My 99 Boxster still has the stock head unit (becker) in it. I quite like it and don't want to change it. Yesterday while looking for a scan button I hit the button that releases the faceplate. However, when I attempted to lock it back in, the contacts were not getting a solid enough connection and the screen would go off followed shortly by annoying beeps and the radio shutting off. The pivot points at the bottom of the faceplate seem to be the issue. The left side 'hole' is missing a piece of plastic (it broke I guess at some point in the past) meaning that it doesn't quite hold it secure. Even the lightest touch from my finger on the left edge of the face plate is enough for it to work. Its strange that it worked absolutely fine before I released the faceplate and I don't think I broke the piece of plastic.

Has anyone encountered this that has an elegant (IE: not electrical tape) solution/work around to get the radio working again on a more consistent basis?

Spirit_RE is offline   Reply With Quote