986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Where is everyone????? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/619-where-everyone.html)

Stryke 12-13-2003 10:08 AM

Where is everyone?????

This forum seems like a cool place to hang out. I have read through some of the posts and it really seems like a nice bunch of people. It's just a shame that it's like a ghost town. Where is everyone?

I frequent about 3 other forums on a regular basis for several years now to talk about my hobbies which are cars and watches. I love the activity level there and hope that this forum flourishes to that level. I don't know, maybe I just stumbled across a slow weekend.

In any case, it's nice to be here and I hope there are a bunch of Boxster S guys in the NY/NJ area who are up for some driving in the spring time! :cheers:

JonnyBGood 12-13-2003 12:25 PM

I can only guess that it is winter time and we aren't driving as much anymore.

Don't know. I like this forum better than PPBB. I just hate that format. Can't find anything, can't read it all, and the damn titles scroll too far right.

mjbliemel 12-16-2003 03:56 AM

We don't get much traffic here unfortunately. It has picked up a bit lately, but it's nowhere near a busy place to hang out as you say. A shame really, since this forum software is quite cutting edge compared to PPBB.

jfmillr 12-17-2003 06:51 AM

Yeah I havent been arond much myself lately. My car was at the DYno last night, got it ALL on DVD-RAM and will post around this weekend with new pics of my car. Per the Dyno techs quote of "Damn thats fast for a 986", I need to compress the video to something reasonable so those interested can download the footage.

William Harris 12-17-2003 07:27 AM

Tumble weed anyone?

Got to keep a sense of humor. Visit often and really dismayed to find day after day that there are no new posts. So, here's a thought - the top 10 out there - you know who you are - let's post at least twice a week. If anyone is interested, my 914 restoration project is basically striped down to the bare chassis, last night I was working on taking out the dash and will be removing the wiring harness next. I plan on sending the car to CFR in Connecticut for the necessary repairs - welding up the rust holes near the engine tray, etc. Then we are off to the paint and body shop. Anyone near the North Shore of Boston, feel free to call and come over for a visit. Engine rebuild will occupy the Winter months. The Boxster is enduring the snow and ice real well. Did have to dig out after over 3 feet of snow a couple of weeks ago. Best Regards, William in MA

Stryke 12-17-2003 12:16 PM

Here is a word of advice. For those who know, great, and for those who don't listen up!

I administer two very successful internet forums, one of which has several thousand active members worldwide and receives almost a million hits a month.

I do this for fun since I enjoy the topics discussed. I can tell you that the more relevant posts created on the forum, the more optimized the forum will be within search engines.

That means that the more active we are here, the more people looking for such places will find us.

So, let's get those posts coming! :p

Adam 12-17-2003 01:53 PM

Jfmiller, what is that baby turning at the wheels? Probably in the box S range I would imagine.

William Harris 12-18-2003 04:20 AM

Boxster search engines!

We're here and we eat, drink and think Boxsters (and other Porsches - I have a 914 in addition). Christmas idea - Autofanatics in Essex, MA. www.autofanatics.com Enjoy. Also www.ewa.com Merry Christmas