986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   New Owner/Atlanta/Still Alive !! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/6160-new-owner-atlanta-still-alive.html)

Mantis 05-23-2006 04:48 PM

New Owner/Atlanta/Still Alive !!

Hello all -- first time owner, first time poster, long time dreamer!

Just bought my first Porsche, 2006 Boxster S. Oh Man! That PASM and PSM already saved my car from 3 crashes and my life at least one of those times! (Of course, I never would have been in danger if I hadn't bought the car :) ) If you are on the fence with PASM as an option, I am here to push you to buying it!

What a fantastic handler in the curves! It's hard keeping her under 4,000 rpms as I am trying to honor the break-in period. Found some great roads and put 450 miles on her in 2 days. :D

I travel during the week and only can drive on the weekends but have already bought a video camera mount for the car to record my eventual plunge over a cliff!

Looking to hook up with other Atlanta area drivers for weekend trips and any info on radar/laser installers in the area.

See ya around!

Perfectlap 05-23-2006 05:24 PM

two words for you

Auto Cross

it will keep you alive,
looks like you have a severe case of "Porsche or die"

insite 05-23-2006 06:25 PM

you sound like a horrible driver. i highly recommend some type of training or maybe something more your speed (like a bicycle). i know you're excited but PLEASE be safe.

jangobox 05-25-2006 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
looks like you have a severe case of "Porsche or die"

Is that what they call it? I might need meds then.. :eek:

Mantis 05-26-2006 03:17 AM

Bah...can't believe I'm getting slapped around some here! And get a bike? Sheesh! :eek:

I am actually a pretty good driver..is what allows me to push the vehicle and test it's safety features (oh, oh, I like that one - will have to use it on wife).

I flew jets in the Marine Corps so I would bet my definition of 'safe' is different than most. But yes, I will be 'safe' around others. Ya know, lots of people pick out their burial plots and make arrangements well in advance of dying...so what if my coffin is more expensive than most! :cheers:

I highly recommend Wolf Gap Pen in North Georgia Mts as a fun drive; making plans for Tail of the Dragon coming up.

PM me if you're interested some weekend....

rodsnhawgs 05-26-2006 08:13 AM

Mantis, watch out for the many motorcyclists on the Dragon - they need to be kept safe too.... :)

SD987 05-26-2006 08:48 AM

"I travel during the week and only can drive on the weekends but have already bought a video camera mount for the car to record my eventual plunge over a cliff!"

Don't forget to post the video !

But seriously, congrats on the new ride. S or Base, it's a different ride over 4000RPMs, and I often wonder why some boarders seem reluctant to rev'em.

Wish I could check out that Tail, I'd like to give it a go even more than trying out the Autobahn. Actually, if I could drive anywhere I'd like to check out the Ring.

Rondog 05-26-2006 09:43 AM

GO Mantis GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of jets did you fly????

RD

Mantis 05-26-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondog
GO Mantis GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of jets did you fly????

RD

The sporty A-4 !!
(umm, no, not an Audi)

NickCats 05-29-2006 07:43 PM

Tail of the Dragon is awesome ! Just got the Boxster 6 weeks ago, so next trip down will be in the car, not on the bike...

( yes, that is me, taken last year )

Mantis 05-30-2006 02:49 PM

Excellent Nick..when do you think you will make the drive? I am original Chicagoan so might be fun to debate White Sox/Cubs with you if we are there same weekend

bmussatti 05-30-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis
Excellent Nick..when do you think you will make the drive? I am original Chicagoan so might be fun to debate White Sox/Cubs with you if we are there same weekend

No debate necessary...the Cubs suck!

NickCats 05-30-2006 06:50 PM

Mantis, nothing planned yet but I will definately let you know if I pull something together...

Bmussatti, ouch ! I am a Cubs fan, but unfortunately due to last year I really can't defend myself now, can I ?