Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
01 Seal Gray 986 S

About to drop engine.. Question on power steering lines

Hello all,

01 S 6spd I am about to remove the engine. I have one complication from the standard and need advise.

I have a mid rise scissor lift which covers up access to the power steering lines on the left side. (Access to everything else is wonderful) Bentley manual says you need to disconnect the feed line, jets video (which is great) disconnects the feed and the return at the bottom. (It looks like Bentley just has you unclip the return at the top).

Any advise on the following:
- Trying to access the feed line at another location (Possibly by the reservoir?) to disconnect
- Cutting the line in the least expensive place?

Since I removed the back cross member I do not really have any other accessible jack points to try to bring up the rear a bit to get in there.

Thanks in advance!

bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #2
01 Seal Gray 986 S

False alarm..
I was able to get the whole line out by undoing all the clamps and pull it out from under and do it there.

Thanks anyway!

bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote