986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Is this normal (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/6106-normal.html)

KRZTACO 05-18-2006 08:56 AM

Is this normal

So on the drive to work this morning I paid a little more attention to the surrounding rides since I wasn't in a rush...here's a small count:

3 Cayanne
2 Cayanne Turbo
1 Cayanne Turbo S
Mercedes E55 AMG
An aarray and assortment of 911's

This was a 30 mile drive from San Clemente to Irvine using the toll-road, 5 and 55 fwy's

KRZ

drburton 05-18-2006 09:25 AM

Not Normal

That is not normal unless you live in a very wealthy part of town.

Here is my count:

Porsche = 0
Mercedes = 0
BMW = 1
Honda = lots
Jeeps = lots
Ford = lots
Pimped out Integra = 1
Cars with Duct tape = 3

This is what I see on the way to the train station (public transportation), so that might help to explain part of it.

SD987 05-18-2006 09:44 AM

That sounds pretty normal to me for any extended stretch of Southern California highways as you describe. Especially the toll road (73), as I find it trafficked by car enthusiasts, including myself...for obvious reasons.

Perfectlap 05-18-2006 10:11 AM

good work KRATZCO the Porsche theifs the trolling the internet now have a new target in their cross hairs. :p

p.s.
this is not a joke or that movie with Charlie Sheen, there really are guys who devote themselves to stealing P-Cars and shipping them to far off weird places like Russia. So Cal is one of their favorite spots to pick up p-cars because their owners love to leave the tops down and the windows open.

p.s.s.
this Fk1 146 rocks! I now walkaround with a cowboy
belt with two holsters:
one with a bottle of 425 and the other with a bottle of 146.
yeah I'm cool.

alex911s 05-18-2006 11:42 AM

Pretty normal here in the Bay Area, Turbo S is still rare maybe a poser,LOL
You can buy a CPO Cayenne Turbo for 65-74K , I put mine up for sale for $67K
it was gone in 5 days, :( LOL

luxury1 05-18-2006 11:55 AM

I live in an area where I see a ton of nice cars also. I love it!

TVC15 05-18-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRZTACO
So on the drive to work this morning I paid a little more attention to the surrounding rides since I wasn't in a rush...here's a small count:

3 Cayanne
2 Cayanne Turbo
1 Cayanne Turbo S
Mercedes E55 AMG

This was a 30 mile drive from San Clemente to Irvine using the toll-road, 5 and 55 fwy's

KRZ

What, no Bentleys?!? ;)
Actually, given my experiences in that part of the world, I'm surprised you didn't see a few. I've begun to see several of the two-door Bentleys in my area of LA and they are breathtakingly gorgeous. Thank god they don't have a convertible model, I'd be tempted :D

drburton 05-18-2006 12:23 PM

They are coming out with a convertible model. Should be out at the end of this year. Here is a link:

http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4023941&s=NewYork2006

RandallNeighbour 05-18-2006 02:36 PM

I heard an odd fact that I don't know is true or not, but it sure seems right to me...

Houstonians spend, on average, 15% more than any other city on their cars.

I see a ton of MB's and BMW's every single day. I also see a ton of Navigators and pick up trucks too though.

What astounds me is the number of M3 and M5's I see nearly every single day driving around. I don't see a ton of the new style M's, but older, beautiful M's are all over the place. It's like they are all in town for an M club meeting or something.

Oh yeah, Houston has a crap-load of Mustang GT's...

slogans7 05-18-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRZTACO

3 Cayanne
2 Cayanne Turbo
1 Cayanne Turbo S
Mercedes E55 AMG

KRZ

LOL, so I guess you didn't pass me! I usually leave around 8:00-8:15AM from the Hermosa onramp.

I usually see a Maserati and occasionally a Bentley GT and new Aston Martin on my drive.

Hey is it OK to count the cars on the lots at MB of Laguna Niguel and South Coast Jaguar?