986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Anybody Ever Use These (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/61002-anybody-ever-use-these.html)

Muskoka Minute 03-28-2016 02:59 PM

Anybody Ever Use These

Just looking on Ebay and found these'

Manzo Performance Stainless Steel Headers 1997 2004 Porsche Boxster 986 | eBay

Anybody ever use these or are they a waste of time...
Any feed back
They seam way to cheap....
Didn't know if they would be worth a try
What does everyone say?

BoxsterSteve 03-28-2016 03:03 PM

Not bad for track car, you won't pass DriveClean without the car's primary catalytic converters.
You'll throw a CEL and your numbers will be a mess.

Muskoka Minute 03-28-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve (Post 489226)
Not bad for track car, you won't pass DriveClean without the car's primary catalytic converters.
You'll throw a CEL and your numbers will be a mess.

Were lucky that we don't have to pass Drive Clean up here! To far North lol
What do you mean the numbers will be a mess? What numbers?

Mow much loader do the headers make the car and they add much drone?

BoxsterSteve 03-28-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muskoka Minute (Post 489228)
Were lucky that we don't have to pass Drive Clean up here! To far North lol
What do you mean the numbers will be a mess? What numbers?

Mow much loader do the headers make the car and they add much drone?

Your CO and NOx numbers to do with that DriveClean thing you don't need to do... yet.
MTO keeps threatening to implement it province wide.

boxxster 03-28-2016 04:14 PM

I would just get a set of secondary cat delete pipes. Similar power gains and no CEL. It's pretty sweet that you guys up north don't have an e-test. I'm selling my Mini to a guy up north and was happy to find out I didn't have get it tested it for him.

Muskoka Minute 03-28-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxxster (Post 489233)
I would just get a set of secondary cat delete pipes. Similar power gains and no CEL. It's pretty sweet that you guys up north don't have an e-test. I'm selling my Mini to a guy up north and was happy to find out I didn't have get it tested it for him.

Will this trigger any error lights or cause any other issues?

Ya! its a bonus not having to pay for the test.....

boxxster 03-28-2016 04:52 PM

The secondary cats are not monitored. 100% impossible to get a cel from removing them.

9ate6 03-28-2016 06:30 PM

You might want to check an old thread here on this forum called ( Ebay headers...updates? ). That will give you more info about having a CEL or not for your Boxster. I was also planning on getting a set myself but I have so many new parts laying at my brother's garage that I want to install on my Boxster before buying anymore...

Xpit77 03-29-2016 03:42 AM

I installed OBX headers I purchased on line just a bit more than Manzo. Mine is a 99 with 2 cat system. No CEL`s.Sound great as for more HP ? Jury is out on that.