Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #1

show me your ghost stripes

I'm thinking about having a ghost stripe or stripes for my car. Would like to see what others have done especially with an Arctic Silver color. In my opinion ghost stripes add a little zing while still remaining classy. And what about where the stripe/s should start and end ? Front hood and trunk lid only ? Or front bumper cover to rear bumper cover ? Anything on the side of the doors ? Show me what you have done. Thanks

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:21 AM   #2

Garage
Somebody was on here about a year ago and was posting a bunch of pics and one of them had a 986 in block numbers "ghosted" on the trunk. When I went back to save the picture, all his posts were deleted and I could never find that pic again. I really loved that idea.
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:25 AM   #3

I did some searches on this forum and on the net yesterday and found some pics/ideas that i liked. My first thought was to have them painted on but i may consider vinyl.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:20 AM   #4

I love the idea of ghosted stripes, it's the only way I would consider them.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:49 AM   #5
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
My stepdad has ghost flames on his 49 ford, they look pretty hot
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #6
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I assume you have seen this thread.
1998 Boxster Project - Complete Restoration

You almost don't see the stripes in the picture, but I think they still really enhance the appearance.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #7

Garage
I WANTED ghost stripes - this is SUPPOSE to be them, but they don't look very ghosty to me. I do like them, and you could see through the sticker before it was applied, so I'm not sure why more of the base color didn't show. Anyway, here are the picts:

Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #8

Garage
Sherazade's ? Car - although not ghost stripes - nailed the start and stop point running frunk to trunk - IMHO.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
Sherazade's ? Car - although not ghost stripes - nailed the start and stop point running frunk to trunk - IMHO.
That was what I was hoping to achieve :-(

Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote