Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Gas Pedal Help

I would like to know how to remove the e gas throttle cable in my '00 Bosxter S. I have removed the gas pedal assembly but am having trouble figuring out how to remove the cable from under the dash so I can install a whole new assembly. If anyone give help out I would like to know how to proceed.

2nynbak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:03 AM   #2

Are you replacing the pedal or throttle position sensor? You have to take the pedal apart if you want to remove the cable. 3-4 screws. The tps isn't hard to get out either. I think it's only held on by 2 10mm bolts.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #3

I am replacing the whole pedal unit as the pedal itself broke off and I don't think I can reattach it. I have the existing e throttle cable hanging there but my thought is it may be easier to use the cable that comes with a used pedal assembly rather than take apart the new one and fish the existing cable into place. My question is how hard is it to remove the cable up under the dash because I have not done it and it's hard to see how to release it and replace. Thanks for any help.
2nynbak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #4

Garage
Mine broke at he track last year. A 2" hinge and I was back on the track.

Van914 is offline   Reply With Quote