Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #1

Looking 4 something different?

Hi,

If anyone is looking for something truly different, a good friend of mine is selling his excellent '77 Lotus Esprit. This is the original 1st Year ('77 for the US Market, sold in UK in '76) model.

My Buddy did a painstaking 13 year restoration of this Car and the Car won 1st Place in the Concourse at LOG 25 (the National Lotus Convention similar to Porsche Parade).

Virtually every part of this Car was Frame-off restored and where applicable improved over Stock (Custom Radiator w/ 3 Fans, Turbo waterpump, Engine rebuilt by well known Professional Lotus Engine Builder, Upgraded Dellorto Carbs over the Stock Zenith Models, Stereo, and much more). Those are real Wolfrace Mags on the Car - OEM and virtually impossible to find. The Car has all records, receipts, and Shop Manuals.

I personally did the Carb rebuild, Brake rebuild and Engine Tune-up for it's inital startup 3 years ago and know this Car inside out. I have driven this Car and it drives very well, corners like it's on rails and has a very sweet sound with it's custom exhaust. The Owner really babys this Car and is the least agressive Driver in our local Lotus Club, this Car has never seen the Rev Limiter.

Lotus Hand-Built fewer than 200 of these in '77 and it is the Original James Bond Esprit - The Spy Who Loved Me , though Dave's does not have the Submarine Option. Side Badges which read: Styled by Guigiaro, (Giorgetto Guigiaro of Fiat, Ghia, Bertone, and later Italdesign - his own firm), named Designer of the Century for his designs - Maseratti Ghibli, Lotus Esprit, VW Rabbit, Maseratti Bora, Lexus GS300, original drawings for the Lamborghini Miura, Alfa Romeo Brera, Ferrari GG50, Bizzarrini Strada, BMW M1, Iso Grifo A3C, Bizzarini Rivolta, Ferrari 250 GT, Maseratti Mangusta, and on and on...

Anyone looking for a true Mid-Engine Exotic with true Italian Design from a Company whose Competition History is one of the greatest, and one which is poised to begin appreciating will be well served by this fine example. The Car is priced in the Mid-teens, which will turn out to be a bargain in the next few years for the astute Buyer. I would buy this Car myself if I only had room for another Fun Car.

I have no financial interest whatever in the sale of this Car, just trying to help a friend who is selling because he has adopted another Project - a '73 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special which is going to occupy all his time and $$ for the next few years.

Interested parties - PM me for Dave's name and email addy. Thanks...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 05-22-2006 at 07:10 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:56 AM   #2

Smile

Jim,

Nice car! Love those Esprits.

Not to be a toad but, is this the buddy that rebuilds salvage title exotics?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Jim,

Nice car! Love those Esprits.

Not to be a toad but, is this the buddy that rebuilds salvage title exotics?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Hi,

NO - not at all, this Car has no stories whatever. Dave purchased and began this restoration in Seattle, then his job relocated him to Mpls. and he completed the Car here. It has a very clear title history and never suffered any collision damage whatever and has never seen Rain or Snow.

He has removed all reliability issues with this Car and he is one of the most Persnickety and Particular People I have ever met, which is why he took 13 years to do the restoration. it is truly one of the rarest Cars most people will ever see. Good luck if you can refuel it in under 15 min. what with all the Gawkers and Admirers. This Car is a magnet and much more exotic than all but a handful of early Porsches. BTW, there is a full aftermarket which supports these Cars with all parts available. This Car can easily be maintianed by the DIYer without the need for any Computer Diagnostics..

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #4

Sweet!

Thanks for the info.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote