Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 AM   #1

radar detector mirror mounts- Valentine One specific

Has anyone found a radar detector mirror mount that fits the Boxster mirror stalk/shaft ? On my 02 the mirror stalk is not very long ( maybe 2 " long ) and of that 2 " some is round and some has a flat spot on top. Not sure if a mirror mount should go on the round part of the half round portion ? And I'd like one that will hold a Valentine One that I recently purchased used. If you modified someone's mount any pics or description of the mods ? I don't care for the suction cup mount or the visor mount. So what have you guys used ? I see some " generic " mirror mounts on Ebay that might work but thought I'd ask here to see what you are using that actually fits. Thanks

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:33 AM   #2

I use a BlendMount for my V1 in my BMW. I have it hardwired in and only have the V1 in the BlendMount when we do a road trip. It is high quality and fits perfect. Looking at the below link I think it would be perfect for the Boxster too. They have several for our cars to make sure you get the exact fit.

https://store.blendmount.com/all-porsche-mirrors-c3588.aspx

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:13 PM   #3

Yeah after looking at all the mounts that are available that mount looks like the best option but I'm having a hard time spending 90.00 for it.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:29 AM   #4

if you do end up buying it make sure you contact them and send them the details of your car and how your mirror looks like, maybe even a photo of it.
by the time i got a chance to do that they had already shipped one that was too small. i just sent it back and used the sticky suction cup. Having the mount to compare with i decided the suction cup worked better for my Passport Max and it fits flush under the mirror. i can attest to the quality of the mount though.. in the past i used a cheaper generic mount for 40$ and the thing was extremely wobbly not to mention in time it just gave up. the blendmount felt very well put together and came with rubber stoppers to completely eliminate wobble.

good product if you can cough up the dough!
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:31 AM   #5

and by the way its meant to go on the thicker round part of the mirror stalk.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:01 AM   #6

got tired of replacing those suctions cups?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
got tired of replacing those suctions cups?
in my case i didnt have to touch it for a few months now. the sticky suction cup the radar detector came with is actually really well made. it's also very compact, the smallest one i've seen and it hides nicely behind the radar detector itself. i have been using mirror mounts for years and wouldnt even consider suction cups but this one has proven durable.
i do have it hardwired and never have to touch it so maybe that helps it live longer.

hope i dont zinx it now..