Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2016, 08:40 AM   #1

Exclamation Alarm Keeps going off!! Wont Stop

Hi all, Hoping someone here will be able to help. I have had a look and found someone who has had a similar experience as me. However, theirs was regarding their horn alarm. I seem to have another alarm built in which doesn't run off the battery and is ridiculously loud. With all the rain and flooding recently, I believe some water may have messed up the mechanics. It is a massive issue which goes beyond just the alarm constantly going off.

1. Central locking wont work with key
2. Car wont turn over
3. Alarm constantly goes off (not the horn but another alarm. Sometimes the horn alarm will join in for a duet to death-en anyone nearby)
4. Starting it sometimes caused the engine to cut out almost immediately

Managed to drive it home however the alarm decided to go off again as I was driving....a bit like GTA....everyone looking. Anyway, if anyone can help me in any way shape or form to try and figure out what to do or where to start, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all in advance.

Ricardo1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #2

hope you "drove it like you stole it!" to go with the alarm blasting

i'm no expert but some of the things you are describing could be because of the immobilizer getting wet. this could happen if you have moisture under the seat you should start by checking there. a known problem with these cars is the little drain hole for the top on the left and right side get's clogged and then water ends up in the car. if you put the top in service mode check on both sides, right around where the top transmissions are and look around the foam cover if the drain holes are clogged.
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
hope you "drove it like you stole it!" to go with the alarm blasting

i'm no expert but some of the things you are describing could be because of the immobilizer getting wet. this could happen if you have moisture under the seat you should start by checking there. a known problem with these cars is the little drain hole for the top on the left and right side get's clogged and then water ends up in the car. if you put the top in service mode check on both sides, right around where the top transmissions are and look around the foam cover if the drain holes are clogged.
All I can say is that I wanted to get it home as fast as possible!

I will give this a check tomorrow morning as I'm too afraid to go near the car tonight in case the alarm doesn't stop again. took 2 hours to stop it! Thank you for the suggestion! It seems like a good starting point! anyone else with any more suggestions please throw them at me and hopefully get it fully checked over tomorrow! Thanks again!
Ricardo1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Agree. Then you'll have to dry out the CLU unit under the seat, and hope it isnt fried. Buy and install drain protector screens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote