Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #1

Headliner Sag - Is it the clip?

I am having problems with my headliner. The clip does not stay clipped in the center and so I have a sag. Here are a couple pictures. Any idea on how to get the clip to stay clipped? I can clip it for a while then it releases again.

Attached Images

Last edited by jpc763; 09-30-2015 at 08:34 AM.
jpc763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #2

Does anyone know how this clip is supposed to work? I can clip it and it stays for a while and then snaps open again.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #3

Garage
It's not really a clip but rather a halfround piece of plastic that kind of clips over a hump in the front hoop. You could try to squeeze it back in, but it could be just broken. The piece of plastic runs over the whole width of the headliner and unfortunately just desintegrates after 8 to 10 years. You can't get that piece of plastic separately but have to buy a whole new headliner.
nieuwhzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:09 AM   #4
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieuwhzn View Post
It's not really a clip but rather a halfround piece of plastic that kind of clips over a hump in the front hoop. You could try to squeeze it back in, but it could be just broken. The piece of plastic runs over the whole width of the headliner and unfortunately just desintegrates after 8 to 10 years. You can't get that piece of plastic separately but have to buy a whole new headliner.
Be careful on buying a new headliner, the aftermarket headliners I've seen assume you will use the clip currently in your car.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:43 AM   #5

Garage
I had to buy a used headliner with the clip intact, remove it (lots of thread to cut), then transplant in on my current headliner. Took me 5-6 hours of work but it's not hard. You just have to be careful with your needle

'04 Convertible top with glass window
herve_g is offline   Reply With Quote