Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #1

Programming Radio Stations on the Becker 1

Hi. I just bought a 2001 Box Base with the Becker 1 220 stereo. Finally got the code to get it working but I can't figure out how to program stations. I did the hold the number button thing but that did not work. There are several buttons above the radio display but have no idea what they are for, except the tone button. So, If anyone could help that would be great. I did google and looked for an answer here but could not find anything.

Thanks,

Ed

Edder B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:15 PM   #2

I just held one of the buttons for a few seconds and it programs that station, it worked for me. The buttons are below the radio display, but mines a 1999 with a Becker CDR210, it should show in the owners manual too or a separate booklet for the radio if you have that.

Last edited by joecal; 09-16-2015 at 03:19 PM.
joecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edder B View Post
Hi. I just bought a 2001 Box Base with the Becker 1 220 stereo. Finally got the code to get it working but I can't figure out how to program stations. I did the hold the number button thing but that did not work. There are several buttons above the radio display but have no idea what they are for, except the tone button. So, If anyone could help that would be great. I did google and looked for an answer here but could not find anything.

Thanks,

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecal View Post
I just held one of the buttons for a few seconds and it programs that station, it worked for me. The buttons are below the radio display, but mines a 1999 with a Becker CDR210, it should show in the owners manual too or a separate booklet for the radio if you have that.
I had the same trouble when after I just bought my 2001 Boxster S about a month ago and you do just have to hold down the one of the lower buttons on the radio for a couple seconds. It seems like the radio is going to change the station then it will beep and store the channel you want. Hope this helps.