986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   It REALLY bugs me when... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/5856-really-bugs-me-when.html)

Rail26 04-25-2006 04:23 PM

It REALLY bugs me when...

....they put water chestnuts in Chinese food. I hate those things.

Jeph 04-25-2006 04:53 PM

Put me down for mushrooms on anything!

bhduxbury 04-25-2006 05:04 PM

it really bugs me when mexican restaurants skimp on the salsa, whether at the table (those tiny little saucers which you have to keep asking for more of -- then there's the lag time in getting the refill and then attitude when you ask for your third and fourth) or on to go orders (only one or two tiny plastic containers -- king taco: i'm calling you out!) -- the food cost on that stuff is near nil and makes some customers like me (who are not pinching pennies when it comes to eating, by the way -- i just like lots of salsa with my meal and large bar tab, where applicable) think twice about going back regardless of the food quality. salsa: let it flow, managers, and it more than pays for itself.

eslai 04-25-2006 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
....they put water chestnuts in Chinese food. I hate those things.

And it's funny how little those are actually used in Chinese cuisine. Damn Amelicans!

SD987 04-25-2006 06:15 PM

Personally, I take exception to putting peanuts in chinese food, i.e. Kung Pao chicken.

Peanuts are for salting and nibbling on while drinking beer or flying commercially. It clearly states that on the shell.

I think Thai cuisine uses peanuts too...and to add insult to injury they often add coconut.

Basically, keeping nuts segregated from the entree strikes me as the best policy.

Perfectlap 04-25-2006 06:19 PM

I hate when people get on the elevator or subway before I have a chance to step out it makes me want to do this

soooo mad

bigislandboxster 04-25-2006 06:51 PM

Personally, I take exception to putting peanuts in chinese food, i.e. Kung Pao chicken.

Peanuts are for salting and nibbling on while drinking beer or flying commercially. It clearly states that on the shell.

I think Thai cuisine uses peanuts too...and to add insult to injury they often add coconut.

Basically, keeping nuts segregated from the entree strikes me as the best policy.

We think alike when it comes to nuts in Chinese food.....I hate'm! The only nuts I eat are macadamia.....
No problem with water chestnuts tho, I actually like them....

Rail26 04-25-2006 07:27 PM

I also find it amazing that Chinese food in China sucks. The food I ate in Beijing was horrible, however, there were NO water chestnuts. Mexican food in Mexico was good. German food in Germany was good. Korean food in Korea was good. Thai food in Thailand was good. So why the hell can't Chinese food in China be good?

Ditto on the Salsa hoarders. Pass it out man...

Love Thai food, however peanuts are annoying and coconut adds too much of a crunch. Good call SD987, nuts do not belong in food.

eslai 04-25-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD987

Tell that to United Airlines--they gave me a bag of roasted soy beans on my last flight. No kidding.

MNBoxster 04-25-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
... So why the hell can't Chinese food in China be good?...

Hi,

Because they feed their Dogs scraps...;)

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Rail26 04-25-2006 07:40 PM

United needs to quit giving anything out. They need to focus on making a dollar or two.

Uncle Bob 04-25-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
I hate when people get on the elevator or subway before I have a chance to step out it makes me want to do this

soooo mad

Nuthin wrong with a good ladylike punch, I always say!

What really bugs me?? Hell, I've eaten dog and only found out later....it ain't food! What really bugs me is rude, mannerless people.

BobMarley1 04-26-2006 01:47 PM

:d

LOL

I used to hate them as a kid, but now I'll eat them.

hehehe
funnuy post