Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #1

Garage
Racing the Porsche 911 GT3 and Lamborghini Huracan!

Well, Here is just a piece of the fun I had today! This is at Hallett Motor Raceway in Jennings Oklahoma. What a blast! The 911 GT3 is an absolute blast! The Huracan was just crazy. Last time I went, I drove a Ferrari F430, a C7 stingray and an Audi R8.

So. Much. FUN!

Redboxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #2

Garage

Old 03-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #3

My old boss went to the last one. Is the cost three laps per car or do you pay for each car individually?
antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #4

Can you give us a more descriptive summary please?:dance:
Old 03-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #5

Garage
A company called Xtreme Xperience. And I know one of the instructors. You can find their website. It's awesome. I suggest that everyone does it at least once.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by antny View Post
My old boss went to the last one. Is the cost three laps per car or do you pay for each car individually?
Pay per car and you get 3 laps. I had actually reserved a Mclaren MP4-12c originally. But someone broke it so they let me choose another.. And I picked the Huracan, because duh! And while I was there I payed a little extra to take the GT3 around. While the Huracan IS faster, it's like an uncontrollable power that can really get away from you. Hallett is 1.8 miles long with a small straight and a long straight, it's really hard to go WOT in the lambo on such a small course.

The GT3 on the other hand, oh my god. It's balls out fast. Although it has less power, you can actually use all of it. And yes, it has a lot of oversteer. You really have to ease into it out of the apex. So much fun !
Old 03-14-2015, 10:48 PM   #7

I have done HST at Hallett in my previous cars. I bet it is hard to really stretch the legs in those cars. It is a technical track for sure. A good friend runs in the GT series out there for years.
antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by antny View Post
I have done HST at Hallett in my previous cars. I bet it is hard to really stretch the legs in those cars. It is a technical track for sure. A good friend runs in the GT series out there for years.
I'm going to be doing some HST this year in my DD and maybe some in the 986. While it is difficult to use all of the power at Hallett because it is a very technical course.. It certainly is possible. I felt like I was able to fully use the R8, GTR, C7, F430, 458, and the GT3. But the huracan just puts too much power coming out of the apex, on a less technical course though.. the huracan certainly could be opened up a little more.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #9
Need For Speed

Garage
So jealous!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:41 AM   #10

https://www.gothamdreamcars.com/dream-car-dash

My wife got me 3 laps in a Lamborghini Gallardo for a birthday gift. I had seen this company advertise on groupon before but I always passed it up. I have to admit it exceeded my expectations. I think she paid like 75$ which is way less than the price they currently have on the website. I was a little disappointed as the dream was to drive a Ferrari not a Lambo but go figure the Ferrari broke down earlier in the day. As compensation for not driving the Ferrari they gave me the video for free.
At the risk of being made fun of by I will post the video. This was the first time I had done anything like this and it was a little disorienting just sitting down in this super car without much mental preparation. To be honest the automatic transmission really through me off. I forgot that it would shift on its own and let off every time it went up to red line.

https://youtu.be/kQbBJGasALg

Please be nice

Carlisabadman986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:52 AM   #11
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Looks like a riot!! That seems to pull just a little harder than our Boxsters . I think you did pretty good myself.

tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote