Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2015, 02:50 AM   #1

Soft Top Issue

I just took the hard top off my 986, It had been on for about 6 months. When i put the soft top up the travel on it didnt bring it all the way forward. It was close to where it needed to be but I had to pull it the last few inches. Has any one experienced this? Is this an indication that I might get caught with a lowered soft top at some stage. Living in Ireland this may be a problem!!!!!!

Circles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:01 AM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I had a similar issue, where the top didn't quite come all the way closed. Looking at it from the outside, the canvas top was slipping to the outside of the guide, like in this picture from a post on Planet-9:

Mike Focke has a good DIY to fix this at his Boxster web site:
https://sites.google.com/site/mikefocke2/convertibletopedgedoesnotfallintoguidech
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #3

There is a piece of elastic strap on the inside of the top that is supposed to pull the cable that runs along the inside of the canvas top to the inside of the outer frame. Sometimes the elastic gets stretched and doesn't pull the cable in.

BobRickel is offline   Reply With Quote