Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #1

GT3 Tek rear diffuser

For those of you that have installed this rear diffuser how has it held up ? Just curious if over time heat from the muffler has done anything to the adhesive tape that holds most of this product on. I know it gets a few screws in the wheelwell lip but the balance is tape. I'm thinking about ordering next week. Here's the link if anyone wants to know what I'm asking about.

Boxster Rear Diffuser, Rear Bumper

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:39 AM   #2

I know some of you have installed these rear diffusers don't be shy !
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 03-01-2015, 08:15 AM   #3

The worries shouldn't be too much with the product itself but how it is installed. Who is the installer, whether he decontaminate the rear bumper, use 'tape' or a quality sealant, etc etc. Find the right guy to mount this correctly and you should be laughing

Looking good, post pics when done I'd like to see

Luck!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #4

Nine8six the rear diffuser from GT3 Tek comes with two sided tape already installed on the part. I was just curious if anyone had any feedback on how well the tape holds up over time to heat cycles. I have a good body shop lined up to install it plus my rocker covers so no worries on the quality install. I want to get the body mods done before the 3.6 litre engine goes in.........NO ONE is driving that 3.6 but me !!!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #5

Garage
I've had the GT3Tek rear diffuser on my car for 2 years and it looks as good as the day I put it on.
It was really easy to install. I had my body shop paint it, then I installed it with my wife and daughter in about 15 minutes.
Good luck, and enjoy it!
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN 986 View Post
I've had the GT3Tek rear diffuser on my car for 2 years and it looks as good as the day I put it on.
It was really easy to install. I had my body shop paint it, then I installed it with my wife and daughter in about 15 minutes.
Good luck, and enjoy it!
Two questions.

1. How much did the body shop cost to paint it?

2 Do you have any pics of it installed, I would love to see them.
Carlisabadman986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #7

I like the spoiler
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlisabadman986 View Post
Two questions.

1. How much did the body shop cost to paint it?

2 Do you have any pics of it installed, I would love to see them.
I don't have any good pictures where you can see it clearly, but you can kind of see it in this pic. I had mine painted black with flat black on the inset areas.
I think it was $300-350 to get it painted.

There are some good pics in the thread copied below.
GT3 Tek Spyder diffuser.
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #9

I'll find out soon enough I ordered the rear diffuser yesterday. I'm guessing a week to get to GA. from CA. via UPS. Then off to the body shop.