986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Boxster for sale in Farmers TX I am looking to buy. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/55868-boxster-sale-farmers-tx-i-am-looking-buy.html)

cuLXXI 02-15-2015 10:00 AM

Boxster for sale in Farmers TX I am looking to buy.

Fisch-Bone motors in Farmers Branch Texas has a 2001 Boxster S for sale. It has 91000 miles and they are asking $9995. My question is does anyone on this board know anything about or has seen this vehicle. I live about a 6 hour drive away and am looking for maybe a local that has seen this car or knows anything about this car to tell me what they think about it or suggest someone in that area to do a PPI. Right now just looking at the pics I am drooling and totally sold.
Thanks in advance, Richard.

2001 Porsche Boxster S Farmers Branch, Texas | Fisch Bone Motors

boxofchoc 02-18-2015 08:52 PM

im in dallas

hey Richard,

im in dallas, tx and can help! what do you need? send me an email ok. :)

Liz

Jamesp 02-19-2015 02:52 AM

WOW that looks nice!

ルーカス 02-19-2015 06:39 AM

Definitely looks like a nice Boxster. Don't think I've seen it on the forum. +1 on the PPI. If you MUST pass on the PPI I would certainly make a check list when you go see the car. Ask if the IMS has ever been done and ask for records. Check for any oil leaks, coolant. Also take the cap off the expansion tank and see if there is oil in the coolant. Check regular stuff like brakes and tires. Last think you want is a $10,000 Boxster with another $10,000 repair bill. Hopefully it turns out to be a good car.

Happy boxster-ing. :D

BruceH 02-19-2015 07:09 AM

Looks like a nice one, but pictures can be deceiving. RAC Performance is 3 miles away and would be a great place for a PPI. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Gelbster 02-19-2015 07:49 AM

culXXi,
I have a Boxster S almost identical to the one you are salivating over.
Please ignore the shiny paint and verbage. The important issues are beneath the skin.
Get a PPI from a competent ,honest Indie. Ask here for a referral.
The buy-in price is not very relevant for M96 cars. The stay-in cost is what matters. Only a PPI can help you for that.Just my experience.

thstone 02-19-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gelbster (Post 436916)
Please ignore the shiny paint and verbage. The important issues are beneath the skin.
Get a PPI from a competent ,honest Indie. Ask here for a referral.
The buy-in price is not very relevant for M96 cars. The stay-in cost is what matters. Only a PPI can help you for that.

^^^ +1 What Gelbster said. Great advice. ^^^

But we all know how impossible it is to ignore the sparkling paint, the curvaceous body, and the sweet sound of the flat-six!

Its like the Lorelei; you walk in, fall in love, and are ready to start writing the check - I'll worry about the IMS later.... :)

cuLXXI 02-21-2015 10:26 AM

Well right now it is pending sale. Somebody beat me to it but the sales guy I spoke too said he would give me a call if the sale fell through. In my head I'm thinking if the sale falls through what did they find wrong with it. Thanks for the offers of help and advice. I'll keep looking and following the forum.

husker boxster 02-21-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuLXXI (Post 437218)
Well right now it is pending sale. Somebody beat me to it but the sales guy I spoke too said he would give me a call if the sale fell through. In my head I'm thinking if the sale falls through what did they find wrong with it. Thanks for the offers of help and advice. I'll keep looking and following the forum.

Sales can fall thru for multiple reasons besides a mechanical issue - lack of financing, or most importantly wifey says NO to a 2 seater sports car. (I don't have experience with the last one, but I've heard stories.)