Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2015, 11:02 AM   #21

Garage
I contacted the dude putting on the rally and my grandson has to be 16 to participate so I'm still looking for a navigator.

davedeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #22

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Was talking to the national pca president yesterday and parade registration has passed last years already. Looks like it will be a great event!
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
Was talking to the national pca president yesterday and parade registration has passed last years already. Looks like it will be a great event!
Wow! There were over 1200 cars registered for Monterey. Maybe registration for F.L. is up because it's the 60th Parade or F.L. is in the middle of the country and will be easier for everyone to congregate there vs the left coast.

If you're attending, you better get your hotel nailed down right away. Looks like you'll be just about doubling the population of 1800.

At last yr's, I was filling my car up and a local came over and asked what was going on? He said there must be a 1000 Porsches driving around. I said he was close, there were 1200.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #24

Any update on plan of having 986 forum corral?
Old 03-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #25

Garage
If I understand the registration packet, you are assigned a parking space but I don't see why we couldn't find a spot for our own corral. I'm staying 30 miles away in Jasper. $140 a night is a little steep for the Parade hotels. Let's get a show of hands a little later for attendance. I'll be in the area in two weeks to visit family in Louisville and can spot out some meeting places for the corral. Hell we could even do our own tour. I know the hills there.
davedeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:50 AM   #26

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Wow! There were over 1200 cars registered for Monterey. Maybe registration for F.L. is up because it's the 60th Parade or F.L. is in the middle of the country and will be easier for everyone to congregate there vs the left coast.

If you're attending, you better get your hotel nailed down right away. Looks like you'll be just about doubling the population of 1800.

At last yr's, I was filling my car up and a local came over and asked what was going on? He said there must be a 1000 Porsches driving around. I said he was close, there were 1200.
One reason is that being in the middle of the country it is accessable to more members. Put it on one coast and it makes a very long trip for those on the other coast.

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote