986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Dealing with troublesome users - OT (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/55425-dealing-troublesome-users-ot.html)

steved0x 01-15-2015 10:59 AM

Dealing with troublesome users - OT

Kind of off topic but I just found a link today that details how to add users to an ignore list.

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster Owners and Others - FAQ: General Forum Usage

======================
Dealing with Troublesome Users
Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.
=============================

I did not know that this forum had an ignore list, but you can add folks to it and you won't see their posts. You will still see that they have commented in your threads but it doesn't show the content of the post.

Hopefully this post will not cause me to be added to anyone's list :)

Timco 01-15-2015 12:42 PM

So, who's on your list??

Hello??

Can you see this post??

steved0x 01-15-2015 12:49 PM

0:30 Who's that, who's there.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BHcd-srsSBY#t=28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's been over an hour and no replies?

steved0x 01-15-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 431953)
So, who's on your list??

Hello??

Can you see this post??

You are on my favorite list :)

husker boxster 01-15-2015 02:24 PM

Maybe we need to start a test thread about cats and guns. ;)

Jamesp 01-15-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker boxster (Post 431969)
Maybe we need to start a test thread about cats and guns. ;)

It's been done to death, and don't even get started on smart cars. ;)

Mark_T 01-16-2015 06:13 PM

Who were you responding to, Steve?

Timco 01-17-2015 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_T (Post 432153)
Who were you responding to, Steve?

The US put the ignore button to Canada a long time ago....I forget you're up there sometimes!

If you ignore everyone who's currently online, it's like you have the whole place to yourself without all the annoying comments and posts getting in the way. :eek: