Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:33 AM   #1

Car Clubs/Meetups in the NJ - Jersey City/Hoboken area?

Hi,

I beg pardon from the rest of the community but this post is specifically to search for fellow NJ residents and Boxster owners that are not too far from the Jersey City/Hoboken/Liberty State Park area. I have been looking for clubs/meetups online for this region but I'm coming up empty handed. The PCA is completely non-active in this region/zone too. Are there other car clubs (not necessarily Porsche, even though it would be great) that have meetups here where you can swing by, get some coffee and meet other like-minded people?

I have seen the Cars and Coffee group but those locations are all pretty far from me.

Is there any way to also search for members on this forum by region? That would be a nice feature. I've seen other Boxsters on the road around here so if you see this, shout out.

Alternatively, if there is a better way to scout for local meetups that any of you have implemented, let me know. Thanks.

Cheers to all,
Amit

amitmishra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #2

Garage
I wouldn't say the NNJR PCA region is non-active, it's far from it. However it covers the entire northern part of the state, so the events are generally closer to the Morristown area.

The Northern NJ PCA region has many AutoX events in the parking lot of the Meadowlands/MetLife stadium not far from you. The 2015 schedule is not yet out.

There's also a Concours tech event on Sat Jan 17 in Clifton, and a Swap Meet in Morristown on 1/24.

As far as Cars and Coffee near the Hudson, there used to be a big one in Edgewater but it was shut down due to obnoxiousness and racing from what I understand.

I'm open for any Porsche-centric meet-ups if you find/organize one. I'm in Essex County.

-T
tomonomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #3

Thanks,

I think someone had mentioned the autocross events in the Meadowlands on here before (perfectlap I think). I looked at the forums for the NNJR PCA and there were barely any new threads and the site looked like it had not been updated in almost a year with any new content/schedules. It may be possible that most information is being pushed out via email newsletters but since I am not a member, I don't see them.

I heard something similar about Edgewater. I have ventured out there a couple times and seen some exotics parked there occasionally but a far cry from a real meetup.

I will keep you updated if I hear anything. Cheers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonomics View Post
I wouldn't say the NNJR PCA region is non-active, it's far from it. However it covers the entire northern part of the state, so the events are generally closer to the Morristown area.

The Northern NJ PCA region has many AutoX events in the parking lot of the Meadowlands/MetLife stadium not far from you. The 2015 schedule is not yet out.

There's also a Concours tech event on Sat Jan 17 in Clifton, and a Swap Meet in Morristown on 1/24.

As far as Cars and Coffee near the Hudson, there used to be a big one in Edgewater but it was shut down due to obnoxiousness and racing from what I understand.

I'm open for any Porsche-centric meet-ups if you find/organize one. I'm in Essex County.

-T

amitmishra4 is offline   Reply With Quote