Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2003, 08:30 PM   #1
Forum Member

price check for 1999 model in Califronia

Hi, I found a 1999 Boxster with only 18000 miles for US$27,000.00. It comes with 18" factory Turbo look wheels, Sport Package, Traction control, EXT finish is ARctic Silver INT is Black, Power Seat Package. It is in show car condition.

CarFax prove the title is clean.

Seller is not dealer, just private individual.

At the current market, is this a good deal?????? I want your opinion not Blue book value...etc. Somehow I think nowsaday no one pay Bluebook price.

Thanks!

Last edited by amida1232002; 10-27-2003 at 05:41 AM.
amida1232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
b0xt0La

A lot of the Boxster out there are below KBB value nevermind the NADA value which is usually much higher. Is it a private party of a dealer? If it's a dealer then it is priced $2,135 below blue book. You can try and knock of atleast a grand if you haven't started negotiating yet. The car is only worth what it's worth. The book value is just a guide. If's it's a big dealership they have to make atleast between $2k-$5k or maybe more. If it's a used car it is unlikely that you'll find out how much the dealer paid for it. Here is a strategy:

Think about a reasonable offer. Get your finaces together and get your offer on paper. Go to the dealship and present the bank draft, if they take it, you got urself a good deal. If not, just let them make a counter offer and so forth. A good website too look at for that sort of thing is http://www.carbuyingtips.com/used.htm

Hope this helps.

Alienz
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:38 AM   #3
Forum Member

Update: The car is from Private party

What should I look for to inspect the car....the key components?

Is the used excellent condition 1999 18" Turbo look wheels worth $1300 for a set??

amida1232002 is offline   Reply With Quote