986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone have lseat.com seat covers? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/55135-anyone-have-lseat-com-seat-covers.html)

soccerties 12-18-2014 10:14 AM

Anyone have lseat.com seat covers?

I'm thinking about refreshing my interior and came across $300 genuine leather seat covers from lseat.com
1997-2004 Porsche Boxster 986 Custom Real Leather Seat Covers (Front) - Lseat.com

Anyone order from them before? I wonder how good the quality is at more than half the price of every other leather seat cover I've come across.

RandallNeighbour 12-18-2014 10:23 AM

Wow! Price sure is right. I'd suggest requesting a leather swatch set so you can see what kind of leather they use and compare it to your original seats. That will help you make a better decision.

Nine8Six 12-18-2014 10:34 AM

Nappa leather is hard to find. Surely your local Porsche could locate that for a fellow 986 if asked kindly. Can't be terribly expansive <1k

We got full covers for pretty much all pcars here in CN but its cow stuff :/ thick... ie the old cows. Good for the blazer tho. Robust lol

Phil C 12-18-2014 01:06 PM

Ive got a set of black leather/ vinyl seats from my '01 S. If you're interested, I can take the covers off and ship them to you. Or I can ship the covers still attached to the cushions.
Phil C

Gene321 03-31-2016 09:09 AM

Lseat seat covers ripped me off

I'd think twice about these guys. First off I ordered rear seat covers but they stitched them wrong, not original, figured I could live with that but they didn't have patterns for my front covers so sent them my covers, they sent new front but totally wrong seat covers so I sent them back but they would never return my emails , calls etc . finally got my money back from paypall but they have my seat covers so makes it hard for some local shop to make them for me now plus I'm out $20. for the shipping. Also going to be hard to find someone to duplicate the leather used locally. Haven't gotten around to installing the rears yet so hope they fit. Yes stay away from these crooks !!

TNT79Bronco 04-01-2016 07:36 PM

I ordered covers for my '02 S from them. I ordered a swatch card before I ordered. Got quick turn around and they fit pretty well. Arrrived as ordered and it is a thousand times better than my old, torn ones.

Positive experience.

thstone 04-01-2016 07:55 PM

I have had a set in my '78 911SC for the past year. I had them professionally installed since the 35 year old foam also needed refreshing. I wouldn't say that the leather looks quite as nice as OEM, but they look and feel nice and most people assume that I paid big dollars for the update.

chuckob 10-16-2016 05:54 PM

I purchased from Lseat.com for under $300, and installed by a local shop for $250.

After reading some of the comments on previous threads about this subject, I realized that proper installation was key to making the seats look good. So I decided against DIU in favor of a pro installer I found on yelp. Here's the secret: I asked the installer to add additional foam because after 15 years, the original foam padding isn't as good as new.

I am very happy with the result. As good as OEM? I know that some Porsche purists would never be happy with anything less than OEM, but my seats are much better than it was last week. This must be as good as you can get for $550 total.

Sounds funny, but I'm much happier driving the car now, and not embarrassed about even valets noticing cracks and rips in my old seat leather. I think I'll keep the car for another 15 years, now!

BTW I switched from Savannah Beige to Black leather and I like it much better.

edit: Been a couple of weeks now, and I'm still very happy. I love the "new car smell" of the leather. My Boxster smells like a new baseball mitt.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...pshmj3bqtp.jpg

Ckrikos 10-16-2016 08:31 PM

They did a great job installing the replacement leather.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk