Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #21

Garage
I Don't think it happened during manufacturing. Think it was during transport from Florida to Calgary Alberta.LUK is the Brand.

Duezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #22

Garage
Flywheel supplier says on occasion the teeth get damaged in transport and asked up to straighten them out and try it first.

Straightened the 3 bent teeth just after the gap. Re installed flywheel, Clutch and Transmission,

Did a test start - Fired up immediately - idled nice - WOOOO HOOOO

Putting the rest of it back together over the weekend - 4 months and $2000 later we got a winner.

What cheesed me is when we called the supplier when this started they had "no ideal what could cause this issue" Then when we pulled the flywheel and noticed the bent teeth and asked them what to do - "They had seen this many times ""Just bend them back in place"" I was so pissed off - Could of saved me a couple grand if they just said - Did you check the teeth on the flywheel as they sometimes get bent in shipping.

Really cheesed about that part - but live and learn and send my $$$$$s else where next time.

Peace Out to all those that thru out ideas along the way.

Duezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:36 AM   #23

Garage
how frustrating

I'm glad you found the problem. what a frustrating process. Now you can enjoy!
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:05 AM   #24

Thanks for the update.
Enjoy the up and coming driving season now.

3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flooding