Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2014, 04:47 AM   #1

Garage
TPMS turn off

On my 08 boxster S tire pressure monitoring system I have a bad sensor on the rt rear. I do not want to deal with it right now and plan to replace it when I put on new tires. I would like to just turn off the system completely and get rid of the warning light on the dash and I do have a durametric pro, but have not been able to find an option to turn it off. Anyone know if it is possible? If not is there a fuse that will get it done? thanks for any suggestions.

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #2

My GUESS is no. But I could be wrong. Haven't heard anywhere about turning it off. Sure many can bennefit if it can.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #3

OK, here is the quandary: Yes, the TPMS system can be turned off, multiple systems can do it, but no one wants to tell you how. The problem is liability; the TPMS is a federally mandated safety system, and if a shop were do turn it off for you, or tell you how to do it yourself, and then you had an accident where others were injured or worse, a shrewd lawyer would quickly realize that while you may not have much to lose in a lawsuit, those that told you how to bypass a mandated safety system just might, and they would get sucked into the lawsuit.

And yes, exactly that scenario has already happened, and more than once.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 10-26-2014 at 05:14 PM.
JFP in PA is online now   Reply With Quote