Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 03:56 AM   #1
I am my own mechanic....

Lambo joins the hot car club....

Car fire at Richmond Hill Shell gas station - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

I was going to comment on how rare these cars actually are, but this one............

Funny thing is, when I saw the 918 story I was thinking how glad I was when I read consumer reports that 25% of all 918's on the road burst into flames then got my deposit back. (4 were made)

Then this happens the day I was heading over to Lambo SLC to check out their "fire sale" with "hot deals" and seats you can melt into, and man was I glad I saw this. Saved even more!!

Last edited by Timco; 10-14-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:54 AM   #2

its not that common for a Gallardo burst into flames on its own, the G being one of the most robust and safe lambos ever made ..... having said that, there was a recall in the early versions to fix the power steering hose that would leak onto a hot exhaust causing a fire hazard.
BTfd2e93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:12 AM   #3
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTfd2e93 View Post
its not that common for a Gallardo burst into flames on its own, the G being one of the most robust and safe lambos ever made ..... having said that, there was a recall in the early versions to fix the power steering hose that would leak onto a hot exhaust causing a fire hazard.
Gallardo? I thought this was a concept car venture with.......

Hot Wheels........
Old 10-17-2014, 04:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Then this happens the day I was heading over to Lambo SLC to check out their "fire sale" with "hot deals" and seats you can melt into, and man was I glad I saw this. Saved even more!!
Looks like this extinguished your burning desire to own a Lambo just in time. It saved you from having to go back and flame the salesman
Old 10-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
RMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTfd2e93 View Post

My new Porsche 911 almost caught fire a decade ago when the power steering fluid hose popped off ....sudden loss of steering and smoked like crazy...but somehow no flames ....there was later a service action to do something with the clamp on certain VINs

theres a lot of hot stuff stacked one atop another with hoses snaked around all of it with mid or rear engined cars

Last edited by RMD; 10-17-2014 at 06:37 AM.
RMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #6

Oh god this is right by where I live. Considering how hot it is here, I wouldn't doubt that it caught fire.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinkthompson View Post
Oh god this is right by where I live. Considering how hot it is here, I wouldn't doubt that it caught fire.
The humidity prevents spontaneous combustion.