Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #1

Smile Need help buying Spray bottle touch up paint

Hi Guys,
I scratched the from bumper with a sidewalk :0 . I want to repair it myself by buying an spray can of OEM paint.

I founded this guys,
Automotive Spray Paint custom matched | Aerosol Touch Up | AutomotiveTouchup

Does anybody purchase a spray can with OEM paint from this website or can recommend me another online store?

Thanks

Manuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #2

I have purchased paint from these guys - they are very good.
I had to touch up a silver Volvo - they sent primer, paint & clearcoat. You have to do a test spay on some card to see if the match is good. I was able to peel some of the paint off the card and place it (with some spit) on the car - it was a very good match. When i did the repair it came out very good. Light metallic paint is hard to spay - you have to do a very light final coat so it does not look too dark. The clear coat is not quite as shiny as original - they may sell a 2 part epoxy clear that is probably better.

They have good 'how to' vids.
njbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #3

Any good auto paint supply store will put sell you computer color matched paint in a rattle can for about $25. The shop will scan the color and computer match it to the color that is on the car now. Don't go by the paint code if the car is old, the paint always fades to a different color.

The only down side is that the paint is soft and won't last much more than 2-3 years, but if you are good at prepping for paint and know how to color sand and polish, the result will be perfect, if only for a short time.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #4

I've used these guys too, on three occasions, painted my bumperettes, painted my bumper cover for my pickup, painted my sons' front fender on his RSX. The tricky part is the sanding, rubbing compound, and polishing compound needed in order to get a good gloss finish. I have not experienced the "only last 2-3 years". Mine is holding up good, but granted, it's only been a few years. Good luck. Oh, and get the trigger thing that fits on the spray can. Makes it so much easier.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #5

Thank you Guys for the help, I will order the paint and update with the result :dance:

Manuell is offline   Reply With Quote