986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   I have the Porsche, I'm looking for a race partner/mechanic So Cal (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/54350-i-have-porsche-im-looking-race-partner-mechanic-so-cal.html)

bavautolover 10-06-2014 09:33 AM

I have the Porsche, I'm looking for a race partner/mechanic So Cal

Hello. I have a 2003 Boxster 2.7 L. I use it as a track car whenever I have time to go. I'm looking for someone who wants to race enduros, HPDE track days, etc... The car is completely stock. I am looking for someone who has mechanical know how and is familiar with Porsches. You must have race experience and be able to bring something to the table such as be able to install a cage etc... you can take the car whenever you want to track it if I cant make it that day. Please pm me and send me what your experience is, age , location, etc... I live in Whittier and will be using mostly so cal tracks. I am not looking for $, just someone who can wrench and race. Down the road I want to buy a Mustang Boss 302S and race in the Pirelli World Challenge. Thanks

Nine8Six 10-06-2014 09:40 AM

Are you looking in setting up a new race team? That is what I would recommend you to do.

Could be a lot of fun

Nine8Six 10-06-2014 09:42 AM

e.g. set your team roles & titles, give the team a name, give yourself a title and go off and recruit the best-of-the-best mate

Luck with the find

bavautolover 10-06-2014 11:28 AM

Thanks. I have several cars and the Boxster is the one I don't mind sharing;) I'm mostly looking for someone who is has the mechanical knowledge I lack, has the experience to race well and can go half on parts when they go out. I'm just looking for lots of practice in this car before I step into anything more serious like World Challenge.

seningen 10-06-2014 01:23 PM

Move to Austin -- I'd be happy to help :-)

bavautolover 10-11-2014 03:53 AM

Bump.............

healthservices 10-12-2014 09:49 AM

Just out of curiosity, other than the car, what do you have? Space to work on car? Truck and trailer? Equipment? What is your track experience?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Timco 10-12-2014 04:52 PM

Is there a preferred eye / hair color, height, weight, etc?

Long-term relationship?

Long drives in the canyons in the fall and sunsets with the top down?

If so, maybe Craigslist?

keysguy 10-12-2014 05:47 PM

I have Grand-Am Cup, Rolex Series, and SCCA Pro experience. I may be willing to assist as fly in crew member, logistical support and team set up/ management. References and financial requirements are available offline.

jcoffey 10-14-2014 07:23 AM

Wanted, free race car prep and trackside support. You also get to drive the car sometimes if I'm not using it. Hopefully there's more to the partnership for both involved.