Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #1

Help question?

My box came with aftermarket stereo.I wanted original so I found a cr220 with amp and cd changer.I installed them and everything worked just fine until I pushed the radio into the slot and now I have no sound.Everything lights up as if it is working but I have no sound.I can pull the radio out and about an inch and it works perfect.I push it back in and the sound goes away.Any suggestions.I am at the end of the rope with this problem.Any suggestions?

Old 09-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #2

Garage
Help question?

Maybe a pinched cord or something back there... Considering it works when pulled out some but not when all the way in, best of luck fixing this.

Last edited by BIGJake111; 09-30-2014 at 05:12 PM.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #3

Garage
When I installed an aftermarket head unit I had to tape off the anti-thief metal tab on the lower left of the slot, maybe check there to see if it is taped off and not making contact with your OEM head unit.

Just a thought

Good luck
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Maybe a pinched cord or something back their... Considering it works when pulled out some but not when all the way in, best of luck fixing this.
I pulled out the climate control unit so I would have more room to check the wiring.Nothing is binding.I pull it out one inch and I have sound,push it back in and no sound.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster6354 View Post
When I installed an aftermarket head unit I had to tape off the anti-thief metal tab on the lower left of the slot, maybe check there to see if it is taped off and not making contact with your OEM head unit.

Just a thought

Good luck
It is still connected and making contact with the radio.I pull out the radio one inch and it still touches the radio and the sound returns.Slide it back in and the sound goes off.