986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Busy day! SSK Install and auction purchase.. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/54224-busy-day-ssk-install-auction-purchase.html)

dghii 09-26-2014 08:53 PM

Busy day! SSK Install and auction purchase..

What a busy day...
Finally got around to installing an E_bay SSK that my boys bought me last Christmas.
Console removal was a piece of cake as I'd done it before. The SSK install was fun...a few issues to resolve but it shifts smooth and crisps and I'm very happy with the results.

So....while on e_bay the other night I spot a o reserve 99 M roadster with 104K miles by owner that looks great. I've love the looks and sound of this car, having owned a'99 back about 10 years ago. Anyway, I place a bid tonight (over a few beers) with about 35 minutes left in the auction. I'm high bidder but I'm confident I will be outbid. I'm totally fine with being outbid and thinking about shouda, woulda, coulda.

Nope.

I'm the man.

The car is not too far away but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I retired the beginning of June and really needed a third two seat convertible.

1999 BMW M Roadster No Reserve | eBay

Buyers remorse is setting in right now but that's not unusual. I've bought 4 cars and 3 houses and two beach front condos at auction over the years and they all worked out ok.
Crap, what have I done?

Deserion 09-26-2014 10:07 PM

AFAIK the eBay Motors auctions for cars are non-binding. So while a time waster for the seller, no real obligation if you don't want it. ;)

dghii 09-27-2014 06:09 AM

I wouldn't do that unless the car was truly misrepresented. I think the car will be fine, its just my typical buyers remorse.

The seller isn't even asking for a deposit. He just said pay when you pick it up.

epapp 09-27-2014 07:43 AM

Sounds awesome if you ask me. The proper term for this buy: YOLO

dghii 09-27-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epapp (Post 419758)
Sounds awesome if you ask me. The proper term for this buy: YOLO

Correct. I feel very fortunate to be able to play cars! The car looks great and the owner is an enthusiast. I'm anxious to see it in person. Trying to work out the arrangements right now.

I once bought a Gulf front condo at an absolute action. I paid right in line with what I was willing to pay and ended up with the least expensive condo in the auction. I had the worst headache later that day as I second guessed the crap out of my decision!

It worked out great as we lived in the condo for over 5 years and sold at a nice profit.

Still.....