Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #1

Boxster Locking

My 2000 Boxster will not lock. I tried the 3 quick key turns in the door and emergency lock wouldnt operate. Gas flap was locked...had to use the emergency release to open the flap to put gas in. Now that remains unlocked as well. Trunk wont open with the key...have to use the lever on the driver's side. Windows drop down an inch when opening the door. Roof goes down and up no problem. I can see the key emitting infra-red light when pressing the button on the key. The interior lock button on the dash doesnt seem to work either from the inside when doors are shut. I am wondering what the heck is going on. I have read past threads saying the Alarm Control Unit under the driver seat is the problem. Could some functions work and others not ? Anyone with a suggestion ?
Thanks

bdguzowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to 986forum! Looks like you've looked at other threads regarding this or similar topics. Let's see if other members may have some suggestions for you.
Mark at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
I am my own mechanic....

Water around or on immobilizer? Is it damp under the seat?

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote