986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   New to forum: 2000 Boxster with 109k miles (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/54159-new-forum-2000-boxster-109k-miles.html)

Frogeye 09-21-2014 03:01 PM

New to forum: 2000 Boxster with 109k miles

Hi all I wanted to introduce myself to this forum. I recently inherited my brother's 2000 Boxster. It's blue with tan interior and has 109k miles on it. It recently had new rotors/pads, brake fluids, oil separator, new tires, oil change, and a new air filter replaced.

It needs:

New spark plugs ( what do you recommend )
Center Engine motor mount with bracket
Transmission mounts

Where is a good place to buy parts ?

I plan to do all of the wrenching myself.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

litespeedp 09-21-2014 03:20 PM

Congrats on your 2000 Box!

Pretty much can't go wrong with Bosch plugs.It has been debated at length but most people think they are very good.

Pelican is a big help with parts and technical.I bought their book "101 projects for your Porsche Boxster" by Dempsey.Good info with areas for engine,brakes,etc and many colorful pics.

There is a Porsche dealer in Oregon that has very low prices on genuine Porsche parts.

Local Porsche enthusiasts are a great help.

Frogeye 09-22-2014 06:35 AM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by litespeedp (Post 419030)
Congrats on your 2000 Box!

Pretty much can't go wrong with Bosch plugs.It has been debated at length but most people think they are very good.

Pelican is a big help with parts and technical.I bought their book "101 projects for your Porsche Boxster" by Dempsey.Good info with areas for engine,brakes,etc and many colorful pics.

There is a Porsche dealer in Oregon that has very low prices on genuine Porsche parts.

Local Porsche enthusiasts are a great help.

Thank you I will look into those plugs and the parts place. Thanks for the book recommendation too.

JayG 09-22-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogeye (Post 419028)
Hi all I wanted to introduce myself to this forum. I recently inherited my brother's 2000 Boxster. It's blue with tan interior and has 109k miles on it. It recently had new rotors/pads, brake fluids, oil separator, new tires, oil change, and a new air filter replaced.

It needs:

New spark plugs ( what do you recommend )
Center Engine motor mount with bracket
Transmission mounts

Where is a good place to buy parts ?

I plan to do all of the wrenching myself.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Welcome and without pics, it ain't real. :)

Where in San Diego do you live? I am in N. County inland. Might be nice to meet for a beer or whatever

There is a great place for parts and P-car stuff in Vista, TC's Garage
Porsche & BMW parts, accessories and Car Care Products - TCsGarage.com
Tom and Bev are extremely knowledgeable and great people. Tom was one of the founders of Pelican Parts as well

The local PCA chapter is very active with lots of fun events, both driving and social

For plugs, I went with NGK. You wont go wrong with Bosch or Beru either

Tons of great info and very helpful people here

Enjoy the Boxster and drive the hell out of it

schnellman 09-22-2014 11:56 AM

+1 Pelican Parts

Pelican Parts has good prices, good variety, and incredibly quick delivery.
Congratulations on becoming a Porsche owner. Lots of good advice here and a fair share of opinions. You can find all sorts of information on tires and oil. But, if you decide to say anything negative about any brand of either, put on your asbestos shorts.
But, as has been said, if there are no pictures -- it didn't happen.