986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   How the hell... (CPS) (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/54156-how-hell-cps.html)

stateofidleness 09-21-2014 01:16 PM

How the hell... (CPS)

I've been at this for 3 days... off the lift, on the lift, wheel off, wheel on... I finally found the actual connector for the CPS and got it disconnected and out of it's bracket. Attempted to "follow it" to the sensor side where it mounts and there's just no way!! Engineers must've taken a day off that day!

I've seen pictures online and "know" where it is, but I have yet to see a pic of it on a car with a Tip transmission. It must be different. There is absolutely NO room in there, from what I can see, to get a tool to get that sensor screw out.

Bentley calls fro removal of the rear wheel (fine), but their reference pic also shows it with the transmission apart from the engine. That SURE makes it much easier.

Is this something I should just take to the Indy and call it a day? I thought having a lift would make this type of stuff easy!!

JFP in PA 09-21-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stateofidleness (Post 419007)
I've been at this for 3 days... off the lift, on the lift, wheel off, wheel on... I finally found the actual connector for the CPS and got it disconnected and out of it's bracket. Attempted to "follow it" to the sensor side where it mounts and there's just no way!! Engineers must've taken a day off that day!

I've seen pictures online and "know" where it is, but I have yet to see a pic of it on a car with a Tip transmission. It must be different. There is absolutely NO room in there, from what I can see, to get a tool to get that sensor screw out.

Bentley calls fro removal of the rear wheel (fine), but their reference pic also shows it with the transmission apart from the engine. That SURE makes it much easier.

Is this something I should just take to the Indy and call it a day? I thought having a lift would make this type of stuff easy!!

I use a 1/4 drive ratchet handle and some long extensions through the wheel well. Not fun, but it comes out.

stateofidleness 09-21-2014 02:28 PM

wheel does have to come off yes?

Jager 09-21-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stateofidleness (Post 419020)

I would imagine along with the wheel housing plastic liner (easy to remove).

BFeller 09-21-2014 04:25 PM

JFP in PA would know, he's probably done a few. A bright light also helps. I had to follow the wire into the crevice were the sensor is located with my hand. I did not do it on a TIP. It took almost every extension in the tool box. Then to make sure I did not strip the torx head on he bolt, I leaned into socket and hand my finger on the bolt head to be sure Everything was in place. I put the long 6 inch extension onto the torx bit, then a couple of three inch ones going to the rachet wrench. Once you crack the torque on the bolt it a breeze. Just dont drop the bolt, its tiny.

JFP in PA 09-21-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stateofidleness (Post 419020)

Yes...............