Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #1

HVAC panel went belly up...new one has problems

Well like I posted first I was missing a segment or two and the the rising sun from the west. I purchased a used control unit from a salvage yard on eBay and it looked great. It also had 4 plugs on the rear and my S only had two...but it went right in...but my HVAC blower motor does not come on ??

Anyone else seen this ??

I ran out of daylight so I thought I would post this

Thanks
Dwight

Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #2

When someone ask to buy one from me, I ask them if they have the two or four plug HVAC controller. I'm not sure after the year 2000 what dictates a car getting the two or the four plug controller. I'm pretty sure they're not interchangeable though. I tried doing what you did, and I had the same results.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #3

Both kinds have the connections for four but some cars only use two of them. You might be able to use the face plate on the good one and use it on the bad one? Take one apart and you'll see what I'm talking about.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:43 AM   #4

If it was just the LCD display that is bad a replacement is available online and easy to replace. Cheaper than replacing the whole unit. Numerous post here on where to get LCD and how to replace.

opus69 is offline   Reply With Quote