986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Who has checked rear view mirror to see if pedestrians are checking out your car... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/53866-who-has-checked-rear-view-mirror-see-if-pedestrians-checking-out-your-car.html)

tomc88 08-29-2014 12:05 AM

Who has checked rear view mirror to see if pedestrians are checking out your car...

it's a really sad thing to do

yes I have done it

I'd say about half have done but sadly it's usually kids or middle aged men.

not the demographic I was aiming for.

Womem would only stare if a giant shoe or handbag drove by

herve_g 08-29-2014 02:22 AM

Most women don't care about cars, guys do ;)

I've noticed the same thing: kids (I'd say 5 to 12) and guys (25-40) are the ones who look at cars the most

Timco 08-29-2014 04:14 AM

Every restaurant we eat at, group gets up, pays, as they pass the P car, entire group stops, makes way all the way around...

All kids from elementary to HS like to stare & comment.

If I drive into an apartment complex, it's "OK who bought the Porsche and lives HERE.."

jsceash 08-29-2014 05:31 AM

Funny The other car I had, never seemed to draw the same sort of looks. I can't count the number of nice car remarks or what is that. Best was, I passed a nice Cadillac SUV. It comes up behind me at the next light and the driver is taking pictures of my car with her cell.

RedTele58 08-29-2014 05:47 AM

I've noticed my black '99 Box and my silver S car don't get the looks my red S car or my Ocean Sage Metallic Box get. My silver '00 gets a bunch of looks, but it's decked out w/ aero spoiler and nose, lowered, bigger tire/wheel combo, etc.

The one that draws the most attention is my 996 w/ the aerokit. It's all black and "murdered out" as the neighbor kids say. I get a few challenges at lights and lots of looks and thumbs up as I drive by.

Sadly though, it's all kids, middle-aged guys like me, and ricer drivers. :(

I'm still waiting for a soccer-Mom MILF to throw her panties my direction... :D

Rick

Giller 08-29-2014 06:54 AM

I'm still waiting for the first time I rear end someone cause I'm too busy watching the mirror to see who's head is turning to see my awesome ride. Sadly, those that do turn their head are not usually the ones I want to turn their head.

I know exactly how you feel Rick. No soccer moms here either...which is probably a good thing else my wife will hide the keys!

thstone 08-29-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedTele58 (Post 416454)
I'm still waiting for a soccer-Mom MILF to throw her panties my direction...

Not exactly that, but let's just say that I received an offer that I had to unfortunately turn down. ;)

TeamOxford 08-29-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone (Post 416464)
Not exactly that, but let's just say that I received an offer that I had to unfortunately turn down. ;)

Details, Tom, details. We need DETAILS !!!!

Just sayin'..........

TO

Perfectlap 08-29-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone (Post 416464)

I've told this story once before but it's worth repeating. I left the car with the top down freshly washed and waxed in this strip mall while I went over to Radio Shack. A very attractive woman drove over in an SUV to ask me if she could give me her number. She gets out of the car and it's getting better by the minute. Long hair, tall and athletic. I talk on the phone with her and she tells me she works in the strip mall managing this woman's shoe store for the owner who she's friends with but has plans to start a dog food treat company, she's already packaged some items for sale. Okay sounds like a normal person....
We meet for a drink at this Friday's type place where she proceeds to tell me that she's originally from LA. Her father was a producer for Aaron Spelling during the 1970's early 80's.
Then comes the bad part... She says she started hanging out in the clubs and met some boys from the wrong side of town. One was a gang member who convinces her to take a suit case on a plane to NJ. She then spends the next three years in prison. I say "what was in the suit case?". She says pot. I say "wow tha'ts a long sentence for that kind of drug, this wasn't your first offense was it?". She smiles and says "not exactly, this one time my exbf and I got into a fight and I went for the knife on the kitchen table...oh and there was the car theft thing before that too". CHECK!!!

Moral of the story...be careful about who is checking out your car!!

BIGJake111 08-29-2014 11:30 AM

A woman once took a photo of me in my car from inside of her blue Toyota minivan.. She has a small scruff of facial hair that fit her overweight body well. I do not know what y'all are talking about when you say you get the wrong crowd.

RedTele58 08-29-2014 11:38 AM

Jake - do you play soccer?

Just askin...

gomarlins3 08-29-2014 08:41 PM

**Hand raised**

cfos 08-30-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap (Post 416466)
I've told this story once before but it's worth repeating. I left the car with the top down freshly washed and waxed in this strip mall while I went over to Radio Shack. A very attractive woman drove over in an SUV to ask me if she could give me her number. She gets out of the car and it's getting better by the minute. Long hair, tall and athletic. I talk on the phone with her and she tells me she works in the strip mall managing this woman's shoe store for the owner who she's friends with but has plans to start a dog food treat company, she's already packaged some items for sale. Okay sounds like a normal person....
We meet for a drink at this Friday's type place where she proceeds to tell me that she's originally from LA. Her father was a producer for Aaron Spelling during the 1970's early 80's.
Then comes the bad part... She says she started hanging out in the clubs and met some boys from the wrong side of town. One was a gang member who convinces her to take a suit case on a plane to NJ. She then spends the next three years in prison. I say "what was in the suit case?". She says pot. I say "wow tha'ts a long sentence for that kind of drug, this wasn't your first offense was it?". She smiles and says "not exactly, this one time my exbf and I got into a fight and I went for the knife on the kitchen table...oh and there was the car theft thing before that too". CHECK!!!

Moral of the story...be careful about who is checking out your car!!

I think the most fascinating thing about this story is that you actually went to Radio Shack. What was it that you had to get? Is the Shack still open? What year does this story take place? Was there a pay phone nearby? How high was your collar popped? :p

Perfectlap 08-30-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfos (Post 416607)
I think the most fascinating thing about this story is that you actually went to Radio Shack. What was it that you had to get? Is the Shack still open? What year does this story take place? Was there a pay phone nearby? How high was your collar popped? :p

I had to return some videos

TeamOxford 08-30-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap (Post 416610)

You have to be a real movie buff to get THAT joke.

Just sayin'.............

TO

cfos 08-30-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap (Post 416610)

Nice answer, Mr. Bateman. They ever get the cranberry juice out of the sheets?