Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #21

Sounds like a good deal. At the end of the day someone is taking a risk. The risk is not really knowing what it needs until someone digs into. Then it's either a low cost fix up to an unsalvageable engine. Could be a good or bad deal for the buyer. You were not willing to take the risk and he was.

runjmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #22

Garage
Hey folks, I am in the same boat and figured I would carry on this posting and not open a new one. I have a 2001 Orient Red Boxster S with 80,000 KMS on it. Everything works great, no issues. Only major upgrade was the headlights to HID the rest is the same as when i bought it - mostly fully loaded. Can anyone give me an idea of what I would get for it ? Thanks.
DrCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #23

I'm still amazed at how quickly these cars seem to turn over. Hopefully most are replacing them with a new Boxster or another such Porsche!

That's a great car for bombing around Ottawa in, I'm sure you will get some inquiries, providing the price is right. The headlights to HID certainly adds to the eye candy and I would think that's a money-making upgrade. If you can wait till Parliament is back in session, you might entice someone new to Ottawa. Check out ebay, Kijiji and auto trader - that will give you a sense of the market as it sits right now. What a car sells for in Florida is very different from what it will sell for in Ottawa.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #24

Garage
Giller - very true. I was hopeing to perhaps find some local Ontario users who could give me a sense of what it would sell for or at least an idea of a range to start the Ad off at. I mean private sales usually have a few percent bargaining so I want to make sure I am not under-cutting my price or for that matter over pricing.

DrCactus is offline   Reply With Quote