986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone us CB radio? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/53761-anyone-us-cb-radio.html)

1rooster 08-20-2014 03:34 PM

Anyone us CB radio?

I pose this question because I have diabetes and my feet are too bad to ride my motorcycle any more.Our group rides Yamaha ventures which come with CB radios.This is how we communicate on rides.I have a handheld cb that I use in the Boxster on these rides to keep in communication with the riders.Saturday we took a 400 mile ride with 37 bikes in the mountains of western NC.Without the cb's the group would have been spread out all over the state.just curious if anyone else uses a cb?

Timco 08-20-2014 03:40 PM

Only when I want to hear some drunk guy sing all night or truckers say bad things about each other's mothers and threaten to beat each other up.

1rooster 08-20-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 415348)
Only when I want to hear some drunk guy sing all night or truckers say bad things about each other's mothers and threaten to beat each other up.

Our bike group uses channel 29 so there is almost no traffic on that channel.

1rooster 08-20-2014 04:14 PM

Every month our POC chapter in western NC has a drive and dine.Sometimes the group gets separated and often some members never get to the eating places.I was just curious if and or how other groups communicate on drive events.

RickG 08-23-2014 10:01 AM

I own a Cobra 29LXBT CB. I love it. I think you should talk to your friends, club members etc. However works for you all! Dont worry about what some a- hole thinks. You talk to your buddies however the hell is comfortable for you. Peace my friend!)

Perfectlap 08-23-2014 11:11 AM

Check youtube. Pick any random object you buy, from sardines to shoe horns. Someone on YouTube is doing an 'unboxing' and giving their opinion on it. Then in the comments section there is a guy saying the reviewer is an a hole for saying that its better than second best selling product. Then I go to onto Amazon and compare the reviews for both products.

thstone 08-23-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1rooster (Post 415353)
Every month our POC chapter in western NC has a drive and dine.Sometimes the group gets separated and often some members never get to the eating places.I was just curious if and or how other groups communicate on drive events.

Simple. Everyone has a cell phone. Just text info/adresses to the group and then everyone can text back to everyone else with comments/updates.

JayG 08-23-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone (Post 415722)
Simple. Everyone has a cell phone. Just text info/adresses to the group and then everyone can text back to everyone else with comments/updates.

that could work, but texting and driving is a no no

thstone 08-23-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayG (Post 415732)
that could work, but texting and driving is a no no

A few safe solutions: passenger, stop quick, hands-free speech to text/text to speech.

I never type a text anymore - use the speech to text function seamlessly. But then my texts are pretty simple (be home late) and not long essays. :)

RickG 08-23-2014 04:30 PM

Or...just shut the hell up and drive to point 'B" you all agreed upon and move on from there. Or blow smoke signals after eating a bunch of 'HatchChili peppers'.......