Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #1

Ontario, Canada drives?

Hey guys. I know there are a few guys from Ont. on here and was wondering if any of you can suggest some good Porsche drives? I've had it up and through Hockley valley, that was a nice run, wondering what other runs are out there? Something scenic of course.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #2

Garage
Ditto
1977 Lotus Esprit
Honey it's an investment!
Box4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #3

Hwy 17 from Sudbury to Thunder Bay is supposed to be fantastic. Haven't done it myself yet but it's on my list. If you want to pop down into the States then Hwy 61, Thunder Bay to Duluth is also supposed to be pretty nice.

You've just got to get out and explore. I carry a map in my car and every time I drive a new road I mark it in with a hi-liter and I use a different color for the really good ones so that I will remember them. I have now driven almost every paved highway in Manitoba south of The Pas.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
M31

Garage
Well if you feel really adventurous this is what I did in 2012...7 weeks on the road with over 14,000 km on my road trip. If you're looking for something a bit shorter Hwy. 21 on Lake Huron from Grand Bend through Bayfield, Goderich, and Kincardine is a nice lake run...be sure to check out the floating deck at Smackwater Jacks in Grand Bend on the river side but being from Listowel you probably already know about this. Another nice run is the Lake Erie run where you do Port Stanley, Port Bruce, Port Dover and then wind up at Long Point Eco Adventures in St. Williams to do some zip lining/repelling/kayaking/canoeing/ followed by the Burning Kiln winery there...they also have an on site observatory for views of the Milky Way.

M31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #5
still plays with cars...

Garage
Giller, google "Southwood Road near Gravenhurst". I haven't had the opportunity to run this road yet, but this summer yet or autumn for sure.
I was given this one be a forum member on a different forum. It's 33 km of winding road in Muskoka.
Sadly it's a pretty substantial trip just to get there.
Southern Ontario kinda sucks for good driving roads.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #6

Yup - Southwood Rd in Muskoka is worth the trip. I also recommend the Hockley Valley / Forks of the Credit area. Basically the best bet is to follow the Niagara Escarpment for twisty roads.

Join the PCA and sign up for some Fun Runs. Its a great way to meet some people and discover some cool roads.
'01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black, Litronics upgrade / de-ambered

Last edited by crooster; 08-11-2014 at 08:27 AM.
crooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crooster View Post
Yup - Southwood Rd in Muskoka is worth the trip. I also recommend the Hockley Valley / Forks of the Credit area. Basically the best bet is to follow the Niagara Escarpment for twisty roads.

Join the PCA and sign up for some Fun Runs. Its a great way to meet some people and discover some cool roads.
Do people on here find much value in the PCA? I've visited their site (specifically, the Upper Canada Region) and it doesn't seem to be a very active group?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #8

PCA UCR is a very active group. For the $40-50 bucks you get 2 magazines as well. My wife and I have done 3 fun runs this year in the Boxster and I participate in the DE's with my 951. Well worth the money, IMO.

Here is another way to get your twisty road fix. It's not Ontario but its worth the drive down...

http://www.brbs.org/default.asp

'01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black, Litronics upgrade / de-ambered

Last edited by crooster; 08-11-2014 at 03:33 PM.
crooster is offline   Reply With Quote