Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #1

Garage
Brake fluid in frunk

Had a brake fluid indicator pop up on the dash so when I checked it out i noticed fluid at the botttom of the frunk carpet.

Took out the liner and noticed fluid coming at the bottome of the ABS (i think its that anyways). Not sure if it's a connection or something inside the unit.

Brakes still work well and wouldn't have noticed any issues if it weren't for the brake fluid indicator on the dash.

Any ideas or suggestions?

TIA.

Last edited by markskyline; 08-06-2014 at 02:42 PM.
markskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by markskyline View Post
Had a brake fluid indicator pop up on the dash so when I checked it out i noticed fluid at the botttom of the frunk carpet.

Took out the liner and noticed fluid coming at the bottome of the ABS (i think its that anyways). Not sure if it's a connection or something inside the unit.

Brakes still work well and wouldn't have noticed any issues if it weren't for the brake fluid indicator on the dash.

Any ideas or suggestions?

TIA.

This is not something to be messed about with for multiple reasons. Leaking brake fluid destroys nearly any painted surface it lands on, and also can destroy many types of rubber seals as well. Your butt is dependent upon that system working correctly, and if it is leaking it may not do what it is there for.

Get this looked at ASAP.