Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #1

2014 "PORSCHE" and "Boxster" emblems installation on 986

Hi, i want to share my experience

i was inspired by this 2014, with caliper in hand i went to a dealership to get some dimensions. Since this are not the same cars some distances are still relevant, like measurements between emblems and relation with the body also distances between letters.

photo IMG_9364.jpg

i got my emblems from Suncoast Autopars online, Beautiful and OEM

Porsche Boxster Emblems - 2013+:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment

photo IMG_9377.jpg

I research this a lot before. I saw all the posts about this, most people place the letters in a straight line. I believe that the letter should follow the shape of the car. The trunk lid is a compound curve and is my theory that anything installed on it will describe a curve even if it is a line.

This 911 owner did a beautiful and detailed job but it placed the letters in a straight line.
He realized that something looked weird at the end

Replacing the P-O-R-S-C-H-E emblem. - Page 2 - Rennlist Discussion Forums

photo 0U9A1163.jpg

photo 0U9A1177.jpg

this is what i did

I marked 100 mm from the edge of the LID. I made several 100mm marks on the LID with a pencil then i connect them with painter tape. i strongly recommend 3M automotive tape since allow you to make great curves, blue tape: not that good

photo IMG_9395.jpg

distance between letters: i used the H, some people use the letter O, The O is wider 4mm than the H; All letters have different dimensions, is tricky and a typography exercise.

photo IMG_9404.jpg

photo IMG_9410.jpg

photo IMG_9411.jpg

photo IMG_9417.jpg

photo IMG_9482.jpg

Manuell is offline   Reply With Quote