986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   My wife is leaving me...... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/53224-my-wife-leaving-me.html)

Timco 07-15-2014 06:01 AM

My wife is leaving me......

For a whole month!

What am I going to do?? How do I find / make clean clothes?

Any tips on how to stack or run a modern dish washer? It's silver.

Thanks.

cas951 07-15-2014 06:05 AM

Me too for 3 weeks. I'll eat out most of the time and use paper products. :)

Luckyed 07-15-2014 06:16 AM

I was divorced for 21 years when I got married again 10 years ago.
I love my wife, but when she flies north to visit her grandchildren I look forward to having the house to myself........and the Boxster........and the Harley.......
Want to stay an extra day? Sure thing honey.....have fun.

jb92563 07-15-2014 06:32 AM

OMG...I was expecting a Divorce story where the wife wants your Boxster....whew...you scared us.

Hurray..... its time for guy fun.

Sign yourself up for all the auto_x, tech sessions, rally crosses, Porsche gatherings you can, and also make sure you have all the parts you need for your Boxster Mods and such. Don't forget a good wash and detailing for your Boxster.

Food should be eaten take out, Garden BBQ, fish fry in the garage even, on paper plates and cups, with plastic utensils.

Don't waste any precious moments on cleaning unless you've hired a french maid :)

You'll be a new man and years younger by the time she gets back.

Davev 07-15-2014 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb92563 (Post 410046)
OMG...I was expecting a Divorce story where the wife wants your Boxster....whew...you scared us.

When I see who the poster is- I know it's a trick question. :D

epapp 07-15-2014 07:07 AM

Boxster on jackstands the whole time, drop the engine and install supercharger.. and no coming inside and shutting the garage door at 10PM!!

...I swear honey, it was this fast before

Perfectlap 07-15-2014 07:34 AM

1. hire a cleaning service before she returns. If you value hapiness you will do this.
2. Laundromats offer drop-off full service for a pittance. I hate folding clothes.
3. Good time to try Nutrisystem for a month. If you cheat, no one is there to give you grief.
You lose weight, look better to other women and she doesn't take off for a month anymore.

BIGJake111 07-15-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap (Post 410060)
3. Good time to try Nutrisystem for a month. If you cheat, no one is there to give you grief.
You lose weight, look better to other women and she doesn't take off for a month anymore.

Complete difference from eating to loose weight and eating healthy, would strongly recommend against Nutrisystem. Just shop at trader joes, keep all the meat white and all the potatoes sweet!

Timco 07-15-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap (Post 410060)
1. hire a cleaning service before she returns. If you value hapiness you will do this.
2. Laundromats offer drop-off full service for a pittance. I hate folding clothes.

Dude. How much weight can I lose in a month!!!! That's brilliant.

Last year I had a county rec center pass. Full weights and swimming. I went like 3 times and wasn't seeing the results I had hoped for so I figured it was a waste of time, and I am genetically programmed to be 50 or so over ideal.

navair 07-15-2014 08:55 AM

What's a dishwasher ?

Perfectlap 07-15-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGJake111 (Post 410077)
Complete difference from eating to loose weight and eating healthy, would strongly recommend against Nutrisystem. Just shop at trader joes, keep all the meat white and all the potatoes sweet!

I'm not going to defend it even though I suggested it :D But Nutrisystem have figured out something that the typical person hasn't. I analyzed the macro nutrient profile meal by meal, (Excel charts and all) after my mother decided to give it a shot and it seemed to be working. I was suspicious. As it turns out they do 3 things that the typical person doesn't even consider: (1)they ensure that each day you have a minumum amount of protein each day. They sneak protein into all of their carbs and sauces by adding whey or soy protein powder. Very clever. (2) They limit sugars to less than 20-30 grams per day. This where the average person drops the ball as soon as they drink skim milk, fruit juice and cola in the same day and (3) they put a hard cap on calories as well as carbohydrates for each day, which you don't notice since you're eating a fair amount of protein.
At the end the first few months my mother lost 20 pounds but instead of continuing to buy more of these processed meals I applied their macro nutrient forumula to a meal plan of real food. It worked so well that her doctor simply said "whatever you are doing keep doing, your numbers are excellent". They take no medicine for cholesterol or high blood pressure and are both over 70.

p.s.
Most of the food at Trader Joe's, like all packaged foods, is processed with refined flours, refined sugars and very little of the animal protein is signinficantly different than what you'll find at most supermarkets. Even the USDA "organic" label is a lot less wholesome than people realize. For instance, fruit may be marked organic because it was not handled with pesticides but it was however grown in soil that was treated to these chemicals for decades before it became an organic grower. Also, a fruit a vegetable can be called 'USDA Organic" but still contain anyone of 200 non-natural substances. Trader Joes, Whole Foods, etc. have made a killing getting people to think that their food is worth paying significantly more for because its somehow 'natural' and safe.

Perfectlap 07-15-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 410083)
Dude. How much weight can I lose in a month!!!! That's brilliant.

Last year I had a county rec center pass. Full weights and swimming. I went like 3 times and wasn't seeing the results I had hoped for so I figured it was a waste of time, and I am genetically programmed to be 50 or so over ideal.

dude everyone knows you lose 10 pounds after the 5th workout. :D

Try this. three times a week eat Pacific Sockeye Salmon (Kirkland brand, canned) and Norweigian Brisling saridnes (King Oscar). Eat either brocoli, cauliflower or brussel sprouts every other day. Avoid eating any starches that contain wheat, eat any kind of potatoe or wild rice instead (keep on eye portion size though). Get a blender and mix up three protein shakes a day using a natural whey (Optimum Nutrition brand fro Vitamin Shoppe), add a tablespoon of peanut butter to one or two of the shakes. Try low fat Swiss Cheese (Jarlsberg lite at Costco) and eat whole eggs, not just egg whites. This regimen worked very well for people I know who are also genetically built to be 'stout' for their height and are not big eaters/drinkers. The fatty acids in the fish have a way of tapping at existing body fat for energy better than other types of protein (beef/fowl).

CoBeerToad 07-15-2014 09:51 AM

I don't know anything about losing weight, but if my wife was gone for a month, I'd be on a first name basis with the pizza delivery guy.

JayG 07-15-2014 10:37 AM

Get a cat
:cheers:

Luckyed 07-15-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoBeerToad (Post 410096)
I don't know anything about losing weight, but if my wife was gone for a month, I'd be on a first name basis with the pizza delivery guy.

You are missing the point.....WE ALL HAVE BOXSTERS!!

When the wife is away....we need to DRIVE!!

Go find a place that serves the two things that my bro-in-law swears lost him 25 lbs......chicken wings and red wine.

seningen 07-15-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyed (Post 410102)
You are missing the point.....WE ALL HAVE BOXSTERS!!

When the wife is away....we need to DRIVE!!

Go find a place that serves the two things that my bro-in-law swears lost him 25 lbs......chicken wings and red wine.

Go to the track -- you'll get the opportunity to really drive the Boxster
like it was designed to be driven AND lose weight :-)

Although the weight loss will be temporary -- comes back each night over
wings, beers, and no ******************** there I was stories to your jealous buddies.

M

lkchris 07-15-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navair (Post 410086)
What's a dishwasher ?

Hey you can get German dishwashers. Miele for one.

Bosch looks good, to, but they're made in USA.

Timco 07-15-2014 12:09 PM

Almost time for judge Judy.

This is great.

DAY 1

RandallNeighbour 07-15-2014 01:08 PM

If my wife were away for a whole month it would be horrible. I'd have to keep myself very busy so as not to miss her something fierce.

jsceash 07-15-2014 03:01 PM

I'm pretty sure you could drop a 3.6 in it, in a month.